Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Oct 08, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

The Heggies Hawaiian Adventure-Day Eleven

Day Eleven

We were up at 7 today. We had a trip booked to Hanauma Bay for snorkelling. We were picked up outside our hotel at 8. It’s only a 20 minute drive to Hanauma Bay. When we arrived our tour guide gave us a mask, snorkel & flippers.

Its $5 each to enter the Bay. Before you get to go down to the beach you have to watch a short film about what not to do when snorkelling, things like standing on the coral, touching fish etc. After the film we walked down a big hill to the beach. We rented a locker for our valuables, put our towels on the beach then we went in snorkelling. There were five areas marked on the beach that you must enter and exit the water from. The other areas had coral & were quite shallow.

Hanauma Bay

The snorkelling was great, there was loads of fish that we'd never saw before. DH saw a yellow eel. We went in snorkelling three times for about 40 minutes each time.

Our pick up was arranged for 12.25 so we left the beach just after 12. We could have phoned and changed our pick up time but it was a bit cloudy today so we weren’t bothered about staying longer.

We were back in Waikiki for 1.00. We hadn’t eaten yet so we quickly got showered and walked to Chilis for lunch.

I had Texas Cheese Fries.

DH had Jalapeno Burger.

We both had a coke & it cost $32.

After lunch we got the bus to the Hawaiian Hilton Village. This is a really big hotel with a few different towers & pools. We had come for a look at the penguin enclosure. It was quite small, there was 7 penguins, some turtles & koi fish. At a separate area there were flamingos.

Next to the HHV there is the Army Museum, we took some photos outside.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

We walked home along the beach, stopping at The Cheesecake Factory for a slice of Banana Cream Cheesecake to take away. Also we went in to the International Marketplace so I could buy a Lei for our last night. There’s a woman there that makes them, they smell so nice. They cost $5, $10 or $15 depending what one you choose. Mine was $10.

We walked back to the room then at 6 o’clock we walked across to the beach to watch the sunset for the last time. I was sad! We’ve both loved Oahu so much, I really didn’t feel ready to leave!

We went back to the room & had our cheesecake & some Budweiser’s while we were getting ready.

On the way out for dinner we went down to the beach as every Friday the HHV has a beach firework display. The guy who took us snorkelling this morning had said they were at 8pm but we waited till 8.45. I think we'd came down too late.

We walked down Kalakaua Avenue buying some souvenirs & having a look around. Then we went to Dukes for dinner, there was a 30 minute wait so we went to the bar for a Lava Flow each. These are so good!

After a while we got a table down at the beach. I had a Caesar Salad.

DH had Opah Fish.

We shared a bowl of Beach Fries.

Also we had another Lava Flow each. It cost $40.

After dinner we walked home along the beach. Asleep for 1am.
Old 29 Oct 08, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrainew3
Excited about Disney

lorrainew3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day! We went to Hanuama bay too and I have some great photos and Video of my daughter in the water with all the fish swimming around her.You could just walk onto it then .

After reading your reports I am definately wanting to go back..thank you so much ...Loved your Lei

Lorraine
1989 Days inn Lakeside,1991 Days Suites 1996 All Star Movies, 1998 Holiday inn express ,2000 Howard Johnston Plaza, 2002 Best Western Movieland May 2006 Comfort inn Lake Buena Vista Oct 2006 Country inn and suites LBV May 2007 Country inn and suites and Cypress pointe,Oct 2007 Country Inn and suites LBV,May 2008 Country inn and suites.Oct 2008 Cypress pointe.
lorrainew3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Beautiful pictures kerry, especially the sunset... what a shame you have to leave
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Love the sunset photo!

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 08, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Looked great - we never got to see enough of Hawaii, really given us a taste to return. Thanks for such a great, informative report. Loving the food (as always) the cheese fries and Lava flows look brilliant
Old 29 Oct 08, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

brilliant reports as always
Old 29 Oct 08, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely last day in Hawaii. Your lei is beautiful
Old 31 Oct 08, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

It just looks idyllic. If only the flight to get there wasn't so long...
Old 4 Nov 08, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Another brillant report with lovely photos.