highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander Day5 Brooklyn Bridge/Duck Tour/Off Broadway

For cast see day 1

Monday 20th October
Today was our last full day in NYC before moving on to Vegas, the plan today was to visit Brooklyn Bridge and walk across it, so we where up early around 7 and I checked in online for Tuesday's flight, before we headed off,

The subway ride to Brooklyn does take awhile around 50 mins and it was busy with people going to work, once we got off the subway I got us a little lost, but thankfully a local pointed us in the right direction of the bridge, Celeste Diner was right next to the bridge pathway and I had heard the food was good so we popped in their for breakie both me and Danny had a 2-2-2 spcl breakfast and Jacquie had a muffin, I also used the free wi-fi to contact the Federal Reserve Bank to cancel our 11:30 tour as time was too tight
Muffin

2-2-2 (2 eggs, bacon, pancakes)

After settling up the bill, we headed out for our trek across the bridge

The walk across was really great, great views and not that exerting at all, I was surprised though that most tourists where starting off in Manhattan to walk across though
Some pics

highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
After our walk we had a sit down in City Hall park before catching the train up to Times Sq, once in Times Sq we found Greylines office to exchange our duck tour voucher for tickets, they then directed us to the pick up point,

Our tour left at 12:30 and it wasn't that busy only about 10 people incl us on the tour, the tour drives around ESB and heads to the Pier, we saw the naked cowboy on our travels he did give us a wave, think most of the women onboard wanted to stop for a photo op though
the tour lasts about an hour with about 40 mins in the water seeing the skyline, today we also saw the Concorde today as it had just arrived to sit alongside the Intrepid

The duck tour is pretty good and a quick way to see some sights while relaxing, after the tour we shopped in the M&M store for some gifts and Jacquie bought a new denim jacket, I also had my pic with an M&M
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
We get the subway back to Queens and do some last minute shopping at the mall I also buy some alcohol from a nearby liquor store for taking home, we also got some sweets from Target for DD that she likes, we met our maid as we returned to our room she really was a nice woman, we thanked her for our gifts and told her we where leaving next day early in morning so we said our goodbyes and relaxed for an hour in the room, for Dinner tonight I had Havana Central booked but we decided to eat nearby at Outback Steakhouse, the restaurant.com certificates where a waste but I did leave them for our maid next day in case she could use them, Outback is located inside the first mall from our hotel and despite many visits to Orlando this would be our first visit to Outback and I have to say it was a good meal and service was good as well,

We never had a starter although they did bring bread to the table that was nice, DS had 12oz sirloin and Fries, (DW) had same as son but 9oz steak, I had the Autumn special, fillet 4oz, scallops, shrimp and Rice, we all shared a carrot cake for dessert, two cokes and 22oz beer cost before tip $75, great food and good service
The Beer

Bread

DW's Steak

DS's Steak

My Dinner

Carrot Cake

After dinner we caught the subway to the city as we had tix for Alter Boyz an Off-Broadway show, the show was good DW thought it was very funny, basically a boyband who believe in god and saving souls very funny and good songs all tongue in cheek, there is no interval during the show so the show was over around 9:30pm

We where back in room for a little after ten and finished the packing we had an early pick up at 5:30am so it was soon to bed for all of us
Old 15 Nov 08, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great day. The Duck Tour looks really good.
Old 15 Nov 08, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day Steve.
We will be walking across the Brooklyn Bridge next Saturday!

We also plan to do the duck tour on the Sunday now our brunch cruise is cancelled.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Another busy day Steve. I bet you were ready for that huge beer
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
A great day Steve - great pics from the bridge - lovely bright sky. Bill reckons a yellow jersey and it could have been 2 M&Ms! I did tell him not to be so cheeky

Pam.
truesdpr is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 08, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Anothe great report Steve, lovely photos of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 08, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Another hectic day. the views from your walk across the bridge and the duck tour are fantastic
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 08, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great day and some excellent pictures.

Bob