Six Novices on the Slopes...Day 3.

Cast: Me...Michelle (40)
DH (42)
DS1 (14)
DD (12)
DS2 (9)
DS3 (7)

Friday January 9th.

We all awake about 7.30am and I am pleasantly surprised to discover my legs have not fallen off during the night. Slap on some Deep Heat on my really aching calves and the aches and pains dont feel too bad.

Start the daily ritual of layering up, hearthy breakfast & trek to Gondola Station with Skis & Boots.

We arrive at Nursery Slopes & meet our new Ski Instructor. Really nice Chap called Thomas and he is in same age bracket as ourselves. We really warm to him & he seems great at judging everyones ability. Kids & Hubby make great progress but I just feel I have no control over things and really nervous of not being able to stop.

Here we are having a 5 minute break.

I am just not getting to grips and beginning to think that maybe Skiing is not for me & resign myself to being photographer & bag minder.

Starting to feel a bit peeved especially as kids make it to next slope and practice their breaking right to left and even start using the small lift.

Kids & DH spend afternoon practising what they learnt that morning. I throw the towel in and am considering handing my Skis back as I am not too sure it is worth the effort of dragging them up the slopes each day.

Here I am with my DD, at least we are getting lots of good pics. Everyone else is off doing well & here I am taking pictures and drinking coffees.

Ah well sun goes down on another day & we head down the slopes. We all have a quick nap & then I cook dinner for Kids & DH & I manage to pop out for a nice meal & a few Weiss beers.

Tomorrow is another day but I think my skiing has ended before it has even started.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 09, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I never took to sking either, probably due to the fact that I have no co-ordination.

Hope things improve for you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos. Shame you are not reallly getting on with the skiing - stick with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Must admit really enjoying these reports .The thing i learnt the best about skiing is 1 word IBROPROFEN ! with breakfast, dinner ,tea & bedtime followed by ralgex . I dont care how many times you go ,we still look back at what we call the "bambi on ice " stage and laugh , even though we enjoy it now , i can say that i found it such a scream when you cant ski and am looking forwards to next year , when hopefully theres about 14 of us going out for hubbys birthday and non of them have skied before.Its like driving a car, it all just clicks into place at once.My first time i throw the towel in on day 3 but got fed up of sat by myself and 3 year olds skiing passed me !.I dont do FAIL , i do TRIED but didnt suckseed ! wAS FINE FROM THERE ON
Fiona x
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Must admit really enjoying these reports .The thing i learnt the best about skiing is 1 word IBROPROFEN ! with breakfast, dinner ,tea & bedtime followed by ralgex .
Fiona x
Yes we all swore by Ralgex, we even got immune to the smell.

My middle DS is a real morning grouch and used to complain about the whole layering routine and I must admit to giving him a can of Cola and some Jellys in the morning on the way to the Gondola to ≈≈≈≈ him up a bit.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List