Six Novices on the Slopes...Day 4.

Cast: Me...Michelle (40)
DH (42)
DS1 (14)
DD (12)
DS2 (9)
DS3 (7)

Saturday 10th January

We get ready really quick this morning and DH drops a few of us to Gondola Station we head up for our new lesson today.

Again sit watching DH & Kids make great progress and Instructor announces he will take them up to the next Blue Slope way off. Now this is like a red rag to a bull and I feel really left behind because you need to be able to Ski to use the big chair lift.

Wave all the rest of them off and something clicks that this just isnt on. I head off to the really baby slope which is used by 3 to 4 year olds and decided it is time to get a grip. Really surprised and it seems to start falling in place. I can manage my right to left and breaking.

Meet up with all the others for lunch and everyone is surprised to see the progress I have made. After lunch I get my oldest son to show me how to use the first Ski Lift. Needless to say I fall off the first time and the whole lift has to be stopped while I haul myself up. In fairness to my DS he had great patience and I eventually got there.

Woohoo after spending all morning skiing down and walking back up the hill because I could not use the lift I was able to do it and that really helped because I was whacked from Skiing down and walking back up.

Here is a picture of the others at the top of the BlueSlope

Well at 4pm we had to drag the kids off the slopes as the last Gondola was about to leave. They were so pleased with their progress and were loving the Skiing. TBH, I was also pleased with my progress that day and was hoping that I may even make it up onto the Blueslope tomorrow with the others.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 09, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic, you got there eventually
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 09, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done for not giving up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
flikflak
Imagineer

Isnt it great when it all clicks into the brain and you feel like you are maling progress!

Off to read the next installment!
flikflak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by flikflak View Post
Isnt it great when it all clicks into the brain and you feel like you are maling progress!

Off to read the next installment!

I really hope it is like learning to cycle a bike & that next time we go Skiing after a few hours we will be back where we left off this time.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Button lifts are evil! If you reckon it's difficult on skis - try it on a snowboard. I seriously believe it is the best workout a man can have - I'm a dripping exhausted mess by the time I get to to the top!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Button lifts are evil! If you reckon it's difficult on skis - try it on a snowboard. I seriously believe it is the best workout a man can have - I'm a dripping exhausted mess by the time I get to to the top!
Thanks for telling me what they are call Bozza, didnt know. There was one upto the black slope and I used just watch them in amazement.

I just think snowboarding is a punishment. My oldest DS made a real good go of the skiing and he did an hours Snowboard lesson and found it so hard.
Old 19 Jan 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List