Notices

Old 26 Jan 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

“No more sleeps tour!” – February 2009 – Pre trippie

“No more sleeps tour!” – February 2009 – Pre trippie

Cast members:
Me - Lisa (38/39) the organiser, chief purchaser, packer, unpacker and co-pilot
DH -Chris (51) the fund raiser and chief driver
DD -Hannah (15) – DD, deputy purchaser and loves the rides, the bigger the better!
DC – Tricia (42) – My cousin, the giddy one who hasn’t been for 20 years!
DCP – Mark (44) – My cousin’s partner, 1st timer and the wearer of loud shorts!
DCS – Charlie (9) – Tricia’s son, another 1st timer and the jam buttie kid!

Here we are:

Me, DH and DD

Tricia, Mark and Charlie

This holiday really came about after constantly driving Tricia mad about our holidays to Florida. She has been once but 20 years ago and always wanted to take Charlie. When talking about it she honestly thought it was out of her reach until I came up with some prices that made her eyes pop out of her head. It was lovely when she said she would love to all go together. Mark took no persuading at all and I was given the green light to start planning!

Originally our DS was going to come along but will another operation planned for September 2008 he wasn’t 100% sure he would be recovered for a full on Orlando trip.

So, I go into full planning mode and start trawling the web for the best deal for us. It makes sense to book a large villa for us all, so I start by creating a wish list. Tricia and I want a spa to return to after the parks, Hannah wants the internet to keep in touch with her boyfriend, Charlie would like a games room and his own pool and Chris and Mark are not too bothered. We get lots of quotes and end up creating a spreadsheet but 1 villa keeps pulling us in time and time again…..Rising Sun Villa which belongs to Welshwiz….it is stunning! We finally booked it in February 2008. Just got to fight Mark now for the bedroom with the balcony!

We hold out for flights, watching them rise in price…..up to £540 direct from Manchester. We were originally going to book with TCD but leave it for the time being…..must be physic eh? Fast forward to August 2008 and I read on the DIBB that Virgin have some special offers on. I check it out and they are down to £324 each…..I put a quick call in to Tricia who loads Charlie (whilst still eating his tea!) into the car and hot foots it round to ours arriving at the same time as Mark and within 10 minutes the flights are booked.

Next to be booked was the park tickets and it is decided that we will only do Disney and SeaWorld….this later changes after Tricia, Mark and Charlie see a DVD on Busch Gardens. Now I have to admit at this point that we have been very selective about what we tell Charlie and it can be a bit overwhelming to take it all in…..having said that he is really excited just to have his own pool and a Sponge Bob Square Pants bedroom! What on earth will he make of Disney?

We finally get round to booking the car (a 7 seater minivan for us all…..will Tricia brave it and drive in Florida! ) and also pre order our Photopass CD…..we also decide to do the portrait sitting at Grand Floridian.

At this point I need to tell you that both Tricia and I work for the same large company and see each other 4 days a week…..poor colleagues, they have been getting double whammied with our countdown, hence the name for the trip report!

We have been having planning meetings on a weekly basis for the last few weeks, well any excuse for a curry night! The planning has also included a 2 and a half hour chat with Ka (Welshwiz) who is absolutely lovely and has reassured me no end.

So here we are just 9 sleeps away, everyone getting excited, especially giddy Tricia! Cases are down, dollars got and we are too excited to sleep. Roll on next week…..

Enjoy

Lisa & Co
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Great stuff, the scene is set. Hope you have a brilliant holiday. Can we expect a trip report on your return?
Old 26 Jan 09, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

hope you all have a great holiday
Old 26 Jan 09, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Hi

You sound so organised! Have a fab holiday all of you and cant wait to read your trip report on your return
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 09, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start Lisa. Not long now Karen's villa looks lovely doesn't it.
Looking forward to the rest of your report
Old 26 Jan 09, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
budgie6741
Imagineer

Hope you have a great vacation will not belong behind you
California 2003/2008/2013
Chatham Park 2004/2005
Creekside 2006/2007/2008/2010/2011/2012/2013
Las Vegas 2009/2010/2013
Seasons 2009
Hawaii 2003/2013
budgie6741 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 09, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
hel1304
Imagineer

hel1304's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How exciting for you all - hope you have a fantastic time & can't wait to hear about it xx
Old 27 Jan 09, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sounds like a great trip you have planned Lisa...
Old 27 Jan 09, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Talking

Hi Lisa I'm so excited for you!

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time in Florida and if you need me I'll be there
(I mean I'll be here )

welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 09, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
great pre-trippie - will be looking forward to the actual trip report. Have a fabulous time. Only 8 sleeps left now!
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List