Notices

Old 12 Mar 09, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

The Bears... pre trippy!

Quick Background:
Me - 34, Disney addict, previous visits 94,00,04
Dh - 35, anything starwars addict!, previous visits 04

Originally we were going in Feb 08, but for various reasons we kept putting it off, until finally we booked in Nov 08 for Feb 09.

So, having packed literally weeks in advance (I have a reall need to have everything done too soon! ) we were well prepared. Unfortunately I also knew that due to being made redundant I wouldn't have a job to come back to But hey, at least I missed out on packing up the remainder of my store cos I would be at the House of Mouse!

So having packed our most prized posession... our poochie, off to my mum's for a couple of weeks we were more than ready for a much deserved holiday.

Sunday 15th
Okay, so we're not flying until tomorrow, but we're going to abuse twilight checkin and lounge around in a hotel the night before. Having braced M25 traffic on a Monday morning before we decided it wasn't worth the stress.
So the downside to being ultra efficient is that we're up early, organised and at Gatwick for 11:30am. Check-in doesn't open for another half hour and we're the first ones there Or should I say we would have been the first ones in the queue had the other family next to us not decided to edge so far forward that when the desks finally opened they rushed to be at the front! :angry: I just did my usual 'Is my face bovvered look'
At check-in we did the usual and when we put the cases on we were snootily told "You're case is overweight" Until we politely reminded her what the baggage allowance for PE was, at which point she became slightly more polite! . I always dread that moment, but knew thanks to my trust balanzza luggage scales I would never again suffer the embarassement of overweight luggage! Still given the visa forms to fill in, and the usual. Got our seats that we always have 79a &c. These somehow disappeared off our booking page a week or so earlier, but were still reserved luckily!

So off we went to the Aurora in Crawley were we were going to spend the afternoon, evening decadentely lounging around. The Aurora in Crawley was very nice. Apparently quite new, it was lovely. The bar was nice, lots of comfy chairs and sofas dotted around, where we just hung out reading the sunday papers. There was an little 'pub' type bar inside as well, where we both orders burgers. I only ate half of mine though as it has been flavoured with too many herby tastes. It was also very pricey.

It was at this point we realised that we hadn't bought with us either our ref no or esta printouts... which left me repeating my usual line of "The one thing you had to do! " :angry: Lmao... typical me! So after a quick phonecall to my brother and a couple of emails later we printed them off at the hotel. Although we didn't actually need them I would've stressed out majorly if we didn't have them!

After having a nice relaxing bath and an early night we were going to be very well rested for our journey!

FYI, I'm too lazy to take pics of all the hotels, meals, etc and to put prices... but I may be able to throw a picture or two in along the way!

Clare
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Great start, Can't wait to read more
Sorry to hear about your job, I hope that you find something soon
Old 13 Mar 09, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Nice start, sorry about the job hope it did not stop you enjoying yourself
Old 13 Mar 09, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Great start, sorry to here about your job.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start looking forward to the rest

Howard Johnson Maingate west (1995), Villa (1997), Gateway Inn (1999), Sheraton World (2000), Rodeway Inn (2002), Springhill Suites (2004), Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza (2006) AKL/HRH/Rodeway inn (2009)

And Becky makes four
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Looking forward to the rest, shame about your job
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Cant wait to read more of your report thanks for sharing
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

have a fab time - cant wait to read more - happy holidays!
Old 13 Mar 09, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyoholic
Excited about Disney

so sorry to hear about your job - but cant wait to hear more - great report thanks
disneyoholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 09, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading some more.

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully something will turn up soon.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List