Notices

Old 23 Mar 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Bill and Jools return to Florida, Pre trip whatsit

Bill and Jools return to Florida, Pre trip whatsit

Cast members (again)

Dollar Bill aka Bill – likes fast cars, fast bikes and fast rides, but walks around at a similar pace to a snail. Bill is looking forward to buying gadgets from Best Buy.

Jools, occasionally known as Julie. Big wuss on fast rides but likes fast cars and fast bikes. Walks considerably faster than Bill. Jools is looking forward to buying baby clothes for their baby grandson Ash who was born in January.

In case you wonder what we look like, here we are in a photo taken in Florida almost 2 years ago. I still can’t look at this without laughing, as Bill doesn’t like it because he reckons it looks like he has no teeth. He also has a very dodgy haircut (or shave more like) after trying out our son’s new clippers on himself with dubious results.

Our last Florida holiday was in January 2008, when we both enjoyed our favourite attractions, which for Bill was Circuit City, my favourite attraction was the Comedy Warehouse closely followed by the Adventurers Club, and now shock horror all of these have gone. What will we do instead? I really have no idea as we are not great players in the planning stakes but I dare say we will fill in our time somehow or other

We booked our flights last August after I’d been for a weekend away in Aberdeen to visit my good friend SusieK. I’d had a great weekend and very good flights with Eastern Airways so Bill helpfully suggested I may like to book flights to Florida and see if my luck for good flights would hold. So that was it and about 30 minutes after I arrived home from Aberdeen I was the owner of another credit card bill showing yet again a debt for flights purchased.

We are flying out on the 1st of May with Virgin Atlantic and are away for 22 nights – how fantastic We are travelling to Manchester the day before where we are staying in Bewleys overnight. We really like Bewleys, I always feel very much at home there, especially when we go for a bar meal and wash it down with a couple of drinks.

We are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive for our first week. During that time we are heading over to St Pete’s beach for one night (on Sunday the 3rd) where we are hoping to stay at the Don Cesar, that reminds me I really must get it booked Our friends Bob and Dawn are there at the same time so we are planning a nice relaxing day on the beach with our pals.

After our week at the Hilton we are going to the Fountains, which is also on I-Drive for 4 nights, before we drive to Miami, which is again for 4 nights. Then we have our last week at Marriott Horizons in Orlando.

We don’t have a lot planned at all for the holiday as we are hoping to mainly relax and just make our minds up each day about what to do, where to go and where to eat etc – so no real changes for us there. We do know we’ll eat at Unos, the Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos, Red Rock Canyon, Johnny Rockets and the Posh McDonalds, although not necessarily in that order.
We’ll still have a week left on our 2 year Seaworld passes so we’ll be going there to see our Clyde and Seamour and to sample the carrot cake at the Cypress Bakery. We also plan to do the Universal parks where we will again meet up with Bob and Dawn. Dawn and I are trying to build up the courage to try Pteranodon Flyers once again. We went on it together in 2004 and screamed like big girls all the way round, much to the amusement of Bill and Bob who were waiting for us having decided they didn’t want to do the ride.
We are not at all sure what we’ll do in Miami apart from going on the beach and swimming in the sea – a definite for Bill and a maybe for me. It really depends if the waves are breaking on my head as they were the last time. If that’s the case I’ll be at the pool. Other than that we are totally clueless about Miami, so if anyone has any suggestions that don’t involve shopping it’d be great to hear them.
Clare has kindly invited us to share her birthday Illuminations cruise with her and some of her friends so we are looking forward to that. We have not done anything like that before so thank you Clare for giving us the opportunity. I’m looking forward to maybe having a cocktail or three afterwards.

We are really looking forward to this holiday. It feels like we have not been to Florida for years, not just 16months. We had a fantastic holiday on the West Coast last September and we will go to California again, but for now we just can’t wait to return to Orlando, woo hoo – bring it on
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds wonderful, i like the sound of the cocktails or two

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fantastic trip Jools - looking forward to meeting you guys ... but you are such a bad example, a cocktail or three!
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Aw Jools, we had a great weekend in Aberdeen and Newcastle - here's hoping we can fit another girly weekend in between our holidays this year! Really looking forward to reading your trippie and I'm sure little Ash will be spoilt rotten - even though you say you don't like shopping
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Not too long to wait, am sure Bill can kill a few hours in Best Buy
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
Aw Jools, we had a great weekend in Aberdeen and Newcastle - here's hoping we can fit another girly weekend in between our holidays this year! Really looking forward to reading your trippie and I'm sure little Ash will be spoilt rotten - even though you say you don't like shopping
Well there is shopping and there is shopping for baby things now that is a good shopping experience
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
Not too long to wait, am sure Bill can kill a few hours in Best Buy
Now that comes under the shopping category
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 09, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We too are looking forward to our holiday and especially the beach days. You two can help me pull my shark out of the sea... LOL

I think a Champagne afternoon tea is called for on the beach.

Bob
Old 24 Mar 09, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a GREAT TIME! ... and we will be doing the same on the West Coast...buying Baby Clothes! ... Thats Us, you & Bill and Bob & Dawn... mega $$$$$$... between us, we should solve the recession over there! ... who will spend the most, you on Baby clothes or Bill on his gadgets...
Old 24 Mar 09, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sounds like you all have fantastic trips sorted out between you, wish we were going a few weeks earlier and could have met up with you as well.

Jools, I love your Avatar pic, Ash looks a real cutie. I agree shopping for baby clothes isn't what you would call proper shopping

Caron