Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Talking Clarks Hits 40 - Pre-Trippie

Clarks – ME - Sue (still 39! Just!), DH – Gez, Eldest DS Jack, Youngest DS Ben

After long and careful consideration, I decided to ask the boys what they fancied doing for my 40th. I’d mentioned China to them, the Maldives, the Caribbean, etc but the resounding response I got from them was Florida!

Luckily for us, my cousin Anne, owns a beautiful Villa on Emerald Island and so I asked if I could book it for two weeks over Easter. I got straight on to my TA friend and secured some good priced Virgin seats (cos the boys wanted to go with Virgin!) and so the planning began.

I know a lot of planning is required when it comes to tickets, prices, etc so I’d been keeping my beady eyes on the tickets we wanted. I found a really good deal on US/IOA tickets but when I went to book it, it literally disappeared! I hunted high and low and eventually I came across a website called The Dibb!

Under one of the Forum’s Stickys (Thanks BevS97 ! ) was a link to tickets and best deals. Low and behold the deal I was looking for was still on their link. I promptly booked the tickets I needed, feeling very pleased with myself.

Over the next few days, weeks, I found myself back on this very informative, friendly website, The Dibb, and eventually I found myself signing up to it. Then the addiction began!

I’ve learnt so much from The Dibb and I still learn something new every day. I’ve been able to secure (so far!) two out of the three ADR’s we want for Easter time (though the booking system has been the bain of my life!) – ADR’s were something I’d never even heard of before The Dibb! (Thanks Leanne for all your help! ).

In September I became a Villa Owner (well, I advertise my cousin’s Villa, I don’t actually own it, unfortunately! ) and in January I became a Pass Holder (receiving a lovely goody bag for doing so).

Planning is still going well and I have to say I was lucky in many ways of being able to pay for some of things we’re doing when the Dollar was still at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately we were in Turkey when it hit the $2 to £1 mark and my hesitance meant I didn’t get the best possible rate, but it was still better than today!

So I’ve already booked – Discovery Cove for my birthday, US/IOA staying at HRH to get the FOLP’s and Cirque de Soleil. I’ve also so far booked ADR’s for lunch at Whispering Canyon and a Character Brekkie at Ohana’s. I’m hoping to book Cali Grill for my birthday. Also to be booked are tickets for Kennedy Space Centre (to do the bus trip we’d missed previously – though we’d been lucky enough to witness a launch in 2007!) and Boggy Creek, but we’ll put these on hold if necessary. Gez and I have a one day pass left from yesteryear, so we will buy a one day pass for DHS for each of the boys, as we feel that we don’t want to be hassled by the crowds at the other Disney parks this time (we’ve normally been in October so we’ve been spoilt! – and we’re hoping to go again 2010 in October).

Today – Have now secured our ADR for Cali Grill on my Bday! Have also succumbed to more ADR’s and booked T-Rex. Have now purchased our KSC tickets and have also spoilt ourselves with purchasing a private hire Boggy Creek tour! Down to SD today! Got to get the printer up and running as I NEED! my Dibb planner printing off!

Sue x
Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 09, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bigbad
Proud to wear my Ears

You planning queen you!

You do realise if we ever go back to Mickey Land you will get the job of planning our jaunt!

Have a fab fab fab time.
Old 28 Mar 09, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

You have a great trip planned ...not long now

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 09, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Wow - sounds like you are going to have a fab time. I celebrate my 40th next year and am starting to wonder what to do.

Have an absolutely amazing holiday - I am sure you will.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 09, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklfly
Imagineer

Tinklfly's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sue, I hope you have a great time and Happy Birthday when it comes.

Heather
Old 28 Mar 09, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MusicMadMegs
I have Ears

sounds like your all set. Hope you have an amazing 40th birthday

March 2014, the big 1-0!
MusicMadMegs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 09, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Great pre-trippie Sue, hope you have a great time.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 09, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thank you one and all! Can't wait! Even to be 40! It'll mean its DC and Cali Grill day!
Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 09, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Sounds great, off to read some more

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 09, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great pretrip report
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List