Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 May 09, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

So-Cal & Vegas Baby! part 4

Day 5 (April 4th)

We wake early and I leave DW & DD packing and take DS with me in a cab to the Car hire shop.
We hunted high and low for a hire company that provided one way hire with no surcharge and also had convertibles available. We thought we had with Thrifty but it appears they have added some "extras" on to our credit card which are currently been disputed.

Car chosen we headed back to Fishermans wharf to collect DW/DD who were checking out.
It took an age to find out how the roof works and after a little help from the bell boy it was down!

now... I have always been a little concerned with the amount of luggage space available with the roof down...and my fears were correct!
we manged to fit one suit case in the trunk and had to have a holdall on the backseat between the kids and one below wifes feet in passenger footwell!..but it didnt matter..the roof was down it was sunny (still cold though!) and we was heading south to LA.

We had planned to do this trip over 3 days taking in as much as the coast as possible...so after the must do of driving down the curly bit of Lombard Street we headed to the coast..Pacifica was added in the GPS but the that wanted to take us via the nearest freeway...never fear..if we just keep heading west we will hit the coast and we can then head south...Pacifica wont be far... apart from it took us about 2 hours just to get out of San Francisco...i think we was all wishing we took the freeway offered!

Once we go to the coast we was greeted with empty beaches with breathtaking scenery

We stopped off at Santa Cruz for lunch and parked up near the boardwalk and had a first real chance to touch the pacific

DS did confirm it was very cold! and yes we still had those sweatshirts on!

after lunch at Santa Cruz we headed off to our first nights stop over which was just outside Mounterey. After checking in we headed in to Monterey and parked just in front of fishermans wharf and walked along the promenade to Cannery Row..to be honest...and although we only had a few hours here...i was a little disapointed.
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovin this report!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

It all sounds fantastic (and the hoodies are lovely!)
Old 7 May 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kerryh View Post
Lovin this report!
Me too - it's bringing it all back for me!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 09, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Old 10 May 09, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just love your matching hoodies
Old 3 Jun 09, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roonlou
Apprentice Imagineer

It's a beautiful drive to do, we loved it! Sorry to hear about your suitcase problems due to the snazzy car!
roonlou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 09, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great stuff and you've visited places that we are visiting aswell, so liking reading this. We are heading the other way down the coast heading towards San Francisco and we really cannot wait to drive along that coastline. Glad you didn't take the freeway, you would have regretted missing the view and the sights of the coast I'm sure. We have 2 nights in Monterey? Why we're you dissapointed, was it that there wasn't much to do?

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 10, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

More great photos
Old 8 Apr 10, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Those beaches look lovely

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List