Notices

Old 22 May 09, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

the nagging childs pe trippie

Hi I thought I would do a pre trip report.

the boys!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/atta...d=12430296 27

I am Michelle aged 28
my dh michael 27
and our 2 ds ethan 10 and jake 6.

After years of nagging from my dh Ive given in and we are going to florida in may for our holidays. Its never really bothered me but now im here I cant wait and enjoying the planning so much. Im looking for special treats for everyone to make the holiday the best. Needless to say dh is thrilled we are going but doesnt want to take part in any planning . My youngest ds is so excited and talks about it everyday to umm everyone. He has a bag of maps and gets them out daily to study them and nag and nag and well just nag. god its going to be a very long 6 months.

I have rented a villa off a fellow dibber joanneclaire's 4 bedroom one and it looks most immpressive. I have booked my flights with va and now its onto the car( apparently a red dodge durango ) and if the bloke from dollar has any sense he will not try and palm us off with anything else not blue black or anything or hell have my youngest ds to deal with (watch this space it could get ugly) . I think well be okay as if he starts talking to the sales guy well get a free upgrade and tank of fuel just to get us out of there.

In reality the nagging is just magical and wouldnt have it any other way Im pleased I can make my childs dream a reality and hes pleased as he feels hes given me something ( a major headache) Ill post more as we go along the way and have a few suprises up my sleeve and the all important adrs to book. so will you all join with me on my 6 month journey to what I hear is the best holiday you can have I just hope the 2 weeks there will live up to the expectations of the nagging child.

okay heres the deal :

villa booked through a fellow dibber joanneclaire
flights booked through virgin atlantic
car booked :usa rentacar dodge durango
tickets just booked through premier travel disney
universal website for universal tickets.

only seaworld tickets left to get maybe medievil times and gatorland

okay so since last time we have a few more details to add we are now flying pe with va which is a suprise, we have the vroom and to get this I purchsed a multi ticket to seaworld and aquatica( i found out we could get into the vroom while flying with va if we bought park tickets through vh hence the purchase of seaworld tickets) ssshhh dont tell everyone its a secret ! . I have booked the sofitel for the night before and am just waiting on park hours and adr bookings to come out.

the most important question is , is the child stil nagging? the answer is yes but with an 111 day 11 hr 39min 13s countdown who could possibly blame him . I am now just as excited as anyone and the dibb is my official home at work at home , weekdays weekends, morning , nights you get the picture(and dont tell me you dont know whats its like cos you do!) I wanna see everyone grab their partners in 11 days cos im on to double digits yes me , my countdown , our holiday not someone elses OURS ON DOUBLE DIGITS. we started at 420 days and I have to pre warn you all that one day very soon it will be on 0 call it a premonition , call it what you like but its coming very soon! so I will keep updating this as and when!

Im back not much to report except we have gone through our dd and are now under 10 weeks until we go. Ive booked some adrs although not to many as didnt want to be tied down and with the dollar rate plunging thought id find a better use for the money so ive booked trex, rainforest cafe (animal kingdom) and sci fi dine in. As you can see ive gone for impact rather than quality as feel the kids will appreaciate the theming more.
I keep informing everyone on regular updates of how long we are going much to their disgust and dibb at every possible opportunity. Is the child still nagging YES A VERY BIG YES. He cant wait and nor can I . I feel like im wishing our lives away but i just need it to hurry now. Im waiting for the clock to hit under 50 now !

well as you can see the closck has hit under 50 now and we have just 3 and a half weeks left. just the dollars to exchange now! the child is still very much nagging but its nearly here and we are all looking forward to a very well deserved holiday, everything is paid for so its just the packing to do now. Also I have started buying my new wardrobe as i have dropped 2 dress sizes. The diets going really well and gave myself a target in january to lose 2 and a half stone . I had lost half a stone previous so that would be a total of 3 stone lighter. I am currently at 24lbs with 4 weigh ins left so t is reachable plus the 7lb id lost previous to joining the famous ww so thats a rather immpressive 31lbs lost. im hoping for 11lb in the next 4 weeks and i would have reached my target. I have a new wardrobe to go in a size 12-14 instead of a size 18 so Im rather pleased. hoping those plane seats will be easier on the love handles now.

It would be wrong of me not to mention here that the service and friendliness of the dibb villa owner as it has been amazing. They have been quick at reponding and any questions answered with no problems at all. I would like to thank them for letting us use their villa and assure them we will take very good care of it. So a big thank you to dibber joanne-claire .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holiday village turkey Aug 2008 049.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	14870   Click image for larger version

Name:	holiday village turkey Aug 2008 078.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	14871  
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 09, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

hope you have such a magical fantastic trip!
Old 23 May 09, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
swv
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great time, the first time is truly a magical time, we talk about our first time all the time
Old 23 May 09, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

hope you have a great trip
scotsprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 09, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thumbs up

I've been looking forward to hearing all about your trip and it's great to put names to faces after all the planning posts!

I'm so pleased that your holiday was enhanced by the first class service from Joanneclaire.

Can't wait to hear about your day to day experiences ... looks like your bank holiday weekend is sorted typing up your trippie!

LOL it was funny seeing you online so late last night looks like you have a touch of jetlag Michelle?
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

A great read Michelle, I'm really looking forward to reading about all your Florida adventures! X.X
Old 23 May 09, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds good so far. looking forward to the rest. We had a Durango booked with Dollar via USRENTACAR but we got a Chrysler Aspen! It was better though and looks similair
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 09, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Just wanted to say hi as you live only a few miles away from me
It will go fast, we have only 4 months now left to go and we booked it in Jan
Old 23 May 09, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start... looking forward to reading more.
Old 23 May 09, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Loved you pre-trippie report - can't wait to read the trip report now.

Congratulations on the weight loss - bit of an inspiration to me - we go next year and if I could lose what you just have I would be over the moon.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List