Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 04, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thumbs up Plan for Sept 04, opinions please

Hi Everybody,

This is our 1st draft of our itinerary for 16-30 Sept 04.

We think that it is pretty good, please tell us what you think. Honest opinions please, good or bad.

We have been before, so were pretty clued up. We are visiting each park on the lightest crowd day for that time of year.

I know that it's a bit busy, but we need to do everything. We have scheduled like this before & managed it. We are staying at Quality Inn Plaza (adjacent to Pointe) for a good base location.

Thurs 16 - Fly from Manchester, unpack & refresh on arrival, visit Walmart for essentials, eat at Ponderosa & visit Downtown Disney.

Fri 17 - Universal Studios early start, quick visit to IOA on way out to ride The Hulk & Fearfalls (essential). Ming Court for lovely Chinese at night & stroll around I Drive.

Sat 18 - Animal Kingdom early start, Rainforest Cafe pm. The Pointe at night (Oscar De La Hoya fighting, hopefully watch in a bar).

Sun 19 - Winter Park for scenic boat tour and sightseeing. Relax at hotel late afternoon, then see Dixie Stampede at night.

Mon 20 - SeaWorld early start, Friday Front Row for eve meal, then wander around I Drive & Mercado at night.

Tues 21 - Typhoon Lagoon until around lunch, relax in afternoon & the Pointe & I Drive area for meal & early night.

Wed 22 - Busch Gardens very early start, then relax at night.

Thurs 23 - Blizzard Beach in morning & play crazy golf outside BB. Florida Mall in afternoon and Downtown Disney at night.

Fri 24 - Magic Kingdom in morning, back to hotel mid aft for rest. Back to MK at night for Spectromagic (if on that night).

Sat 25 - Boggy Creek airboat ride am, Mall at Millenia afternoon. Old Town for Saturday night cruise and do Slingshot, Skycoaster, Dragracing etc.

Sun 26 - Big brekkie in Ponderosa, mid morning start in Epcot & stay right through for fireworks.

Mon 27 - Islands of Adventure all day, then Hard Rock Cafe & City Walk at night.

Tues - Clearwater very early start & do Seascreamer. Maybe stay in Tampa to watch Tampa Bay Devil Rays play Boston Red Sox, dependant on tickets.

Wed - MGM Studios am, Race Rock for pm meal. Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island at night, watch fireworks.

Thurs - Helicopter Ride in morning and go home, boo hoo all the way home.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

Edited at 11:57 AM.
tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 04, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

hi Tracyh! looks like you to will have a full 2 weeks. we go the day you come home, also staying at QIP hope it's ok as not to many good reports about hotel did you stay at QIP last time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 04, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
No, we haven't actually stayed here before. But I PM'd people who had stayed here earlier this year and everybody said that it was basic, but clean good location.

Just your average budget hotel I think, but not as basic as some others. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 04, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks tracyh! good to know.
Old 4 Jul 04, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Hi Traceyh

Looks like we will be at Universal, MK, AK, Epcot and Busch on the same days!

Im at QI International!

Sept hours are out, Ive only checked Illuminations at the minute tho. (9pm)

Caz
Old 5 Jul 04, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hi Carolyn,

How fluky is that, maybe you used the same guide book as us to check the light and busy park days (Brits Guide & also used The DIBB).

We're going to buy the DIBB pin badges before we go, so you'll have to look out for us.

Tracy

Old 5 Jul 04, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
richard252
VIP Dibber

Hi Carolyn,
Looks like there could be a few of us staying at Quality inn i-drive at the same time!
There are 6 of us (also from leicester) staying there from the 9 of sepember for 2 weeks.
Where did you find out about the illuminations times?

Richard.
richard252 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 04, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Hi Richard and Tracey!

Tracey - Yes, will def keep an eye out for you - talk nearer the time!
Richard - Wow - 6 from Leics - there will be some other friends of mine but they are staying at LBV. The Sept hours are now posted - there is a link somewhere on the site!

Which part of Leic are you from?

Caz
Old 6 Jul 04, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
richard252
VIP Dibber

Hi Carolyn,
Me and my wife are from syston.
The other 4 are my friends jason and claire and their 2 kids aged 5 and 11.
They are from the Colchester road area of leics near thurnby.
Where are you from?

Richard.

65 to go and counting
richard252 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 04, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Richard
I live near Abbey Park, do you know B&Q ? - got few friends in Thurmaston/Syston and my mum lives in Queni!

Small world! Did you find Sept park hours?

Caz

Closed Thread