Notices

Old 20 Jun 09, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

"Our Dream comes true"

Hello dibbers.

I love this site and have really enjoyed reading everyones trip reports ..so thought I would give one a go!

Let me introuduce you to my family!

Me (Jayne) aged 37
dh (leeroy) 40.
ds (Jake ) 7
ds (Harley) 6
dd ( Cheyenne ) 2.

Heres a liitle bit of background info!

I first met my dh Leeroy way back in the early 80s while we both on the CB Radio (anyone remember them! ) we moved in together a few years later and decided that we would see a bit of the world before having any little ones! ...

so saving every penny from our jobs we would have one big holiday every year, we visted Florida, arizona, hollwood and LA, Mexico, Thailand and then when we decided to tye the knot decided to do it abroad... so we got married in New Orleans! followed by a honeymoon in new york, Las Vegas, San Fracisco and Hawii.

A few years down the line and we decided to try for a family of our own and low and behold one month later I was pregnant...Jake brandon Jeremiah was born in sept 2001, when Jake was just 5 months old I discovered that i was pregnant again and Harley Joel Jeremiah was born the following march.

Very busy and very tiring times followed and I decided to give up full time work and just work two days a week, so we had to tighten our belts and our holidays a broad stopped and we began our caravan holidays, our butlins / pontin holidays and our £9.50 sun holidays and we had such fab times as long as the boys enjoyed them selves then we were happy. But we had always said it would be our dream to take them to meet mickey one day! .

Three years down the line and discovered that I was having another baby!

Unfortuntely while I was seven monthe preganant we were all involved in a three car pile up (we were in the middle) we were all hurt but nothing serious thanks goodness! baby was all okay though I did have to spend quite a bit of time in hospital...

Cheyenne Jade was born Two months later all safe and heathly.

After this near miss we decided to start saving our pennies to make our dream come true and take the kiddies to meet mickey! .

Saving was going well and in August 2008 we finally booked for the following septc so we would be there for Jakes 8th birthday and Cheyennes 3rd birthday!

we booked a town house at the regal oaks resort for £300.00 per week, flights with virgin for £1500 a mini van from usrentacar for £295 and bought all our tickets the flexi pass and the untimate for £1100.

So as you can imagine we were all so excited our dream was finally coming true!

One month later though it was on a sat night and I heared a bump in the bathroom and went in to find my hubby leeroy had collasped, he was rushed in to hospital and at first they thought it was a slight bleed on the brain he was kept in for a few weeks and given the all clear! ...all fit and well but he didnt get any sick pay from his works and I couldnt work because of the childcare so we had to dip into our savings a bit...but never mind we could soon build it back up, or so we thought! ...

One month on I had been feeling a bit sicky and after constant nagging from my dh and my mam went to the doctors only to be rushed into hospital with a ruptured ovrian cyst that had turned septic
so I had to stay in hospital for over a week but luckily they managed to save my ovriaries. Was told my my consultant that I was very lucky and another 48 hrs more and it would have been a different story!

But of course this meant that I was now off work for 8 weeks dh also had to lose more time from work to help with the children so more dipping into the savings !

We considered cancelling the trip because due to what had happened we had used quite a bit of our holidays savings...
But, on the other hand this made us want to go even more especially after the car crash, etc...

So we began to both work as much overtime as we could (with grandparents helping out with the child care), selling on ebay cuttting back on birthdays, christmas etc etc and we managed to slowly begin to rebuild our funds back up.

well, We are still both working hard , sometimes like passing ships as dh works days he comes home and then I work nights! it has been hard and tiring but will so worth it when we see the childrens faces in florida !

Had a lovely surprise the other day when my mum told us that her, my stepdad and my sister are going to fly out to join us for a week so that they can be there for the childrens birthdays! ..they are staying on IDRIVE Though, children have no idea that they are coming...we are just going to arrange to meet up with them on the morning of cheyennes birthday how special will that be! .

So our dream HAS come true!
Thanks for listening

Bye for now

Will be back in sept to share our trip report with you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 09, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Hope you have a fantastic holiday... it's is very much deserved after the past year you've all been through... wiching you a magical time! looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back! X.X
Old 20 Jun 09, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

i hope the trip is extrememy magical for you all!

a lovely read!

i am looking forward to seeing your reports
Old 20 Jun 09, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mariasmadhouse
Imagineer

Gosh you have certainly been through it, I hope you have a magical holiday you and your lovely family certainly deserve it
Old 20 Jun 09, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope you all have a truly wonderful holiday - you certainly deserve and need it! Look forward to the trip reports when you get back!
Old 20 Jun 09, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink2010
Very Serious Dibber

I think you really deserve this holiday and I hope you come back with very special memories xx

2002 - Best Western, 2003 - Friend's Villa, 2006 - DLP New York Hotel, 2008 - DLP - D'land Hotel, 2010 - Bahama Bay, 2012 - Bahama Bay, 2015 - The Shire at West Haven,
2019 - The Shire at West Haven
Tink2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG im God girl after reading that you deserve to be going and even if you need to take out a cc you still have to go... OMG imso needing a hanky moment.

I get where you are coming from with the car accident as in 1999 we got hit from behind by a stagecoach bus,we were stationary at a roundabout but the driver couldnt wait that year we had the bestest holiday in Ibiza you could imagine even though we could hardly move for whiplash and still to this day are suffering but there is worse than us as you have just typed.

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC time and remeber lots of photos

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

wow what a story, we are going in Sept also - cant wait! Hope you all have a great time!
Old 23 Jun 09, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Hope you all have a fantastic trip.
Old 24 Jun 09, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
WOW, you've been through so much to get to this point! What a nice surprise for the kids birthdays that extra family will be joining them too.

Wishing you a fab holiday
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List