Notices

Old 9 Aug 09, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

my 21st birthday and a first timer! xx

Hi everyone

Im new to this so please tell me if i waffle lol!

introductions:

Me- Lucy (20)- turning 21 on holiday! loves everything disney and will be my 2nd trip!
My Mum- Lorraine (43)- not looking foward to the flight but will love it when she gets there.

Background
i went to disney with my DAD and step mother about 10 years ago. i didnt enjoy it as my step mother was horrible to em for the whole 2 weeks and had me up at 5am every morning and we often didn't get home until 1am as we were staying offsite.
Roll on to my 18th birthday, the day after my birthday my Nan was taken into hospital and passed away the next week. So my big 18th is no longer remember for that reason.

September last year everyone in my family was saying i should have a party for my 21st. but i can't drink for medical reason adn the party was easily going to cost £1500 by the time we added everything up. So my Mum who is my rock said well since you loved Florida to get rid of your bad memories why don't we go there for your 21st birthday!

The next day we called Virgin and the holiday was booked. Two weeks started the 9th November staying at Pop Century hotel. Due to the DDP we later upgraded to Port Orleans French Quater to gt the QSDP. I have paid for the holiday but my Mum is paying for Extras like CRT if we can book it and Crystal Palace. I wanted to pay as 1) it was my birthday and 2) my Mum has given so much to me and my sister over the years and went through so much emotionally when my nan died that she deserves to go on a lovely holiday and not have to worry about her bank balance.

Left to do!

My Mum has really started to get in the disney spirit now we have less than 3 months to go, we can book our ADR's on tuesday and my Mum has said she will have tuesday off too make sure i get CRT

i still have to finish arranging my family meal the saturday before we go to Manchester airport. But other than that we will only have to pack our suitcases nearer the time.

I have done a rough plan for the 2 weeks. However as we want to relax and neither of us can do big rides nothing is set in stone so we will just go with the flow when we are there which is why we are only booking 2 ADR's and have chosen the QSDP

Sorry to Waffle on i will update as i go along.

Thanks for reading if you made it to the end lol xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

sounds like you and your mum need this holiday, hope you have an amazing 21st!

i look forward to reading more about it all
Old 9 Aug 09, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wishes36 View Post
sounds like you and your mum need this holiday, hope you have an amazing 21st!

i look forward to reading more about it all
Awww thank you. Don't worry i will take plenty of pics and keep you all updated xx
Old 9 Aug 09, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure this experience will be far nicer and help wash the bad ones away
Old 9 Aug 09, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Minnie28 View Post
I'm sure this experience will be far nicer and help wash the bad ones away
thanks i think so too xx
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Not long to go, it will soon come round.
RT7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fantastic... you're going to have a fantastic 21st.
Old 10 Aug 09, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2008
Imagineer

sounds brill we upgraded our QCSDDp to the table service one so the character meals etc are free (worked it out the upgraded cost would be got back in 2 meals) give virgin a ring and asko how much i think it was £50 each to upgrade. hope this helps and fab resort your stopping at its soooooo nice!
2010 SSR & BWV. 2011 Atlanta with a road trip to wdw.
Pluto2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pluto2008 View Post
sounds brill we upgraded our QCSDDp to the table service one so the character meals etc are free (worked it out the upgraded cost would be got back in 2 meals) give virgin a ring and asko how much i think it was £50 each to upgrade. hope this helps and fab resort your stopping at its soooooo nice!
aww thanks everyone.

i am doing CRT and Crystal palace anyway as booked them today. i dont mind paying the extra as did not want to upgrade as didnt wana feel restricted. also we are both fussy eaters so would probably pick the counter service anyway lol. thanks for the advance tho xx
Old 11 Aug 09, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Celebarting your 21st in disney will be so special, look forward to reading all about it when you get back. Well done for get CRT and CP.

Hope you have a fab time
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List