Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Sep 09, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep 09 - Day 0

Well I've never done a trip report before, so i apologise in advance if i start to ramble, get boring, post to many photos, don't post enough etc

Pre trip report can be found here - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=263081

The cast

Me (Sarah) - 25 - Lover of all things Disney, America, Sparkly, Rides and the planner
Boyfriend (Darren) - 26 - Loves football & he's PS3, and letting me do all the hard work

The day before & travel to Heathrow - August 31st

As always with the day before a holiday i sit around trying to prolong the packing and hoping the day doesn't drag by too slowely, we had a pretty late night the night before so didn't wake up untill around 12pm so at least the morning had gone by with us sleeping. My mum was coming around sometime in the afternoon as she was staying at ours for a couple of nights and of course I wanted to see her before i went off to enjoy myself for nealy 3 weeks, she arrived about 2pm with goodies to cook one last proper home cooked meal for us, a lovely roast. Darren went off to the gym for an hour or so around 3pm and I was left with the stressful job of finishing the packing and trying to make sure we didn't forget anything.
The day going probably as slowely as it possibly could have , dinner was eaten about 7pm and after my help with the washing up and a bit of a sit down, we said our goodbyes to my mum and packed my car up and left for The Holiday Inn, heathrow 9pm. The drive through central London wasn't too bad and after about an hour we arrived, checked in and were given a King room on the 3rd floor, room number 3203

the room was nice and not to small that we were tripping over the cases to move about, i'd deffiently stay here again if we needed a hotel at Heathrow, we payed £130 i think which included 21 days parking. Once in the room we just relaxed and watched tv till we fell asleep which probably wasn't untill about 1am, considering the excitement this was pretty good and with the alarm set for 7am at least we'd get *hopefully* 6 hours sleep, with the long flight, drive to Anaheim once we land and needing to try and stay awake late enough that we wouldn't wake up at silly am we probably could have done with abit more than 6 hours but what the hell we were off to California in the morning
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Great start... looking forward to reading more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Great to be getting some new reports to read
I know what you mean about sleeping the night before you fly...We find it so hard to drop off...in fact I'm like that for about a week beforehand...LOL!
Thanks Sarah...hurry up with part 2
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Good start...looking forward to the rest of them now
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joanneclaire
Dibbing with Tink

thanks for your trippie, I carnt wait to read more, as we are planning something similar in Sep 2010

Joanne

South facing pool with multi-coloured LED lighting, spa/hot tub - heated free of charge, outdoor TV, private landscape lit garden, Nintendo Wii interactive gaming wall, twin Xbox live games area with games pass, retro arcade games

License No:- DWE5903426

joanneclaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
garethandlyn
Excited about Disney

Can't wait to hear more!
Disneyland/Seaworld SD/Vegas - 95/97/98/09, Roosevelt NYC - Nov 99, Pensylvannia NYC - Dec 02, Florida Villa - Aug 01, Santa Fe DLP - Mar 05, Davy Crockett DLP - Oct 06 & Feb 07, Davenport Lakes Villa Feb 09, LA, SD, Palm Springs and Vegas Baby! May 2010. HRH & Marriott Grande Vista Feb 2012 LA,LV,SF,Yose,ML Aug 15
garethandlyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 09, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Great start Sarah. Your room and bed look soooo much more comfy than the ones at the Travelodge were...
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 09, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely start, your hotel room looks nice.
Old 23 Sep 09, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh it's so exciting staying in a hotel the night before flying! We've been greedy and booked 2 though!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List