Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Sep 09, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep 09 - Day 10

Day 10 - 10th September

Another lay in today and wasn't up untill about 11am again, the late nights and all the walking about is really starting to tire me out and the heat isn't helping, but i wasn't feeling as bad as yesterday which was good.
Down to the pool about 12pm and we couldn't believe how crowded it seemed even worse than the first day we went down looking for a lounger, i guess as it was a thursday the weekend crowds were starting to come in.
We got hungry about 1-1.30pm and headed over to Denny's American grand slam with a coke for Darren and a NY Philly melt (without cheese) and a coke for me, it was packed in there so we had a bit of a wait for our order to be taken and food to come, but we were eventually done and payed the $25 bill before heading back to the pool.
We ended heading up about 4.30 as I wanted to go to see the Dolphins & Tigers at the hotel and it closed at 6.30pm, we didn't have long in there as we weren't ready till just before 5.30pm, heels out again and $15 entry each payed and we had about an hour to look around. By the time we went in it was pretty empty and unfortunately the shops were closed which meant no soft toys for me

The tigers were beautiful, and they had some strange animal that I have no idea what it was.

Unfortunately we didnt see much of the Dolphins which I was sad about as I love them, just a couple swimming about which we mainly saw from the underwater viewing area.

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

We left there at closing, not really too impressed but im glad we did it anyway and made our way out of the Mirage and just intime to watch the Volcano which we enjoyed, we both thought it was done really well

The volcano over, we walked up towards the TI were the show there was just starting but it was extremely crowded and we couldn't really see a thing or get past so we just stood and watched what we could see before moving.

We then had a walk around the shopping centre next to the TI (the name escapaes me atm) before deciding we were hungry, we decided to go to BLT burger at our hotel this evebning as we were going to go to Jet nightclub which was in the hotel aswell, so it would make it easier just to go up afterwards to get ready.

A little wait for a table and we were sat and ready to order BBQ chicken wings to share, which I have to say were some of the nicest we have ever had, they were delicious. 2 BLT burgers & fries and a coke for me and Bud for Darren, burgers enjoyed and $43 bill payed we headed back tot he room, i was going to have a couple of goes at the Roulette table but decided i'd wait till we came back down and went upto the room about 9.30pm to get some packing done before getting changed to head to JET. Some packing done we sat on the bed relaxing for a bit watching the tv and planned to start getting reading soon, the next thing i remember was waking up and it was now almost 1am I couldn't believe I had fallen alseep on our last night, our last night in Vegas and I had wasted it sleeping :angry: and I didn't get my go at the Roulette table either
I couldn't believe Darren had just left me to sleep, but he said I was obviously exausted and still not feeling 100% so needed the sleep more than we needed the night out.
Darren had obviously taken a picture of the weather while I was sleeping

Well as it was probably too late to get ready and head out now, i set the alarm for 9am as we had to be up for check out and our flight to San Diego and was soon fast asleep again
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Oh no, what a shame you fell asleep on your last night, never mind, perfect excuse to have to go back again!

That white lion is just beautiful.

Looking forward to hearing about San Diego - so hurry up with the next one please!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
i was going to ask what the weather was like in sept but your photo pretty much answers my question

Was it a humid horrible heat that you couldn't do anything in or was it surprisingly comfortable heat to walk about about in - i don't know why but i don't imagine it to be humid and sticky just hot.

Looking at going next Oct time but would like to go when sun is guaranteed but then on the other hand i wouldn't want it to be too hot.

:pop:

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Oh Sarah bless you...falling asleep lol You must have really needed the snooze.

Lovely photos again... you're almost making me feel tempted to give Vegas another chance
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Bless you must have been soooo tired!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post
i was going to ask what the weather was like in sept but your photo pretty much answers my question

Was it a humid horrible heat that you couldn't do anything in or was it surprisingly comfortable heat to walk about about in - i don't know why but i don't imagine it to be humid and sticky just hot.

Looking at going next Oct time but would like to go when sun is guaranteed but then on the other hand i wouldn't want it to be too hot.

Although its hot in Vegas there is no humidity which I find more bearable.

What a shame you missed out on your last night.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 09, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post

No it wasn't a humid heat, but i wouldn't describe it as comfortable either. We didn't wak around much in the day because it was exhausting and due to problems with my chest it was making my chest tight maybe anybody else would handle it better. When we was by the pool it didn't take long before we had to get in to cool down, and you just got so hot. And it didn't cool down much at all in the evening either,
We was talking to our taxi driver on the way to Vegas airport and she said it doesn't start cooling down till the end of october

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Oh Sarah bless you...falling asleep lol You must have really needed the snooze.

Lovely photos again... you're almost making me feel tempted to give Vegas another chance
Go on give it another chance, i'd love to go back one day i feel like theres so much we missed.
I did need the sleep, unfortunately i was coming down with a chest infection and the heat wasn't helping
Old 30 Sep 09, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Great report, thank you x

Vegas looks amazing, i love your pictures! I really cant wait to hear about San Diego! Hurry up!
Old 30 Sep 09, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It was well over 100 degrees when we were there in July. We stayed at the Mirage and the tigers etc were very hot. Early morning is the best time to go though. There is a good view of the Volcano from the terrace at the front of the Venetian
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List