Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Oct 09, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep 09 - Day 14

I have no notes for the rest of the trip now, so im going to have to use photos to remind myself of things so the last few days details might be a little off.

Monday 14th September

We woke up to the alarm going off around 10-10.30am, sad that we were going to be checking into the last hotel of our trip in a few hours and only had 3 night sleft in the US We got showered and packed up the last of our bits and headed down to reception to check out at about 11.40am and we had to catch the train upto LA at 12pm as you can tell we like to cut things fine and not rush we checked out and went to settle the charges we had made tot he room (a bottle of water & a movie $19) and mentioned just so they were aware that the movie had some sound problems and he let us off for the room charges we had, we caught a taxi outside to the train station which was about a 5 minute walk but with 3 cases it would have been a hassle. We were really cutting it fine now as it was about 11.50am and we still had to purchase tickets, dropped off at the station I rushed in upto the counter to pruchase to tickets 2 adult singles came to $59 and we made it on tot he train with about 5 minutes or so to spare, found 2 seats very easily upstairs with our luggage. I couldn't believe how nice the train seemed and the seats were spacious, it puts our trains to shame espcially with the low price we had just paid.
The journey was straightforward and would take about 2 hours 40mins, there was some gorgeous views along the coast and i kept wishing we could get of and go and enjoy one of the gorgeous beaches instead of heading to Hollywood.

We were soon approaching downtown LA and as we didn't know how long we had to get ourselves and luggage of the train we carried the cases downstairs when the LA skyline was in sight and stood waiting to get off.
Off the train we headed out the station for the taxi rank and jumped in the first one avaliable, told the driver where we wanted to go (Holiday Inn express Hollywood) it was a good job i remembered the address as he didn't know where the hell i was on about about 20 minutes and $30 later we arrived at the hotel and checked in at 3pm, a king room on the 3rd floor room 3104.

We quickly freshened up and headed out, Darren was desperate to go to the Griffith Observatory now we was in LA but I was sure it was closed mondays and open till 10pm every other day but he insisted I checked so i asked at reception who said yes it was open today and closed 9pm everyday, umm im sure that isn't right but we headed down to check out Hollywood & Highland and I figured i'd check later on the free internet we had at this hotel.
We walked out the hotel and walked down highland avenue about 5 minutes till we reached the Hollywood & Highland centre, they were getting ready for some event that evening so parts were closed off but we made our way upto the 3rd or 4th floor so we could get the pictures of the Hollywood sign.

We walked through to the front and spotted the Disney soda fountain so of course I suggested an ice cream a pin traders sundaee for me and I think Darren had some kind of milkshake.

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Ice cream eaten we had a quick look around the shop before heading back out and just walked along Hollywood Blvd which was crazy busy and to be honest nothing very special imo

It was now about 4.30pm and we had seen what we wanted to to be honest on Hollywood Blvd I fancied going to Beverly hills as I was desperate to see the famous Rodeo Drive from Pretty woman but Darren was worried we wouldn't get back tot he hotel in time to get changed and head to the Observatory, so we just headed back to the hotel for a rest for a while.

We relaxed in the room for about an hour watching tv and made use of the washing machine loacated a few doors down from our room before ehading up to the 4th floor Buisness centre (well a room with 2 free computers) and I double checked the Observatory hours which iw as right about it was closed mondays and upen till 10pm other days :angry: so now we had wasted an hour or so sitting around the room when we could have gone to Beverly hills and now we don't have anything to do this evening.

We decided just to head back down to the Hollywood and Highland to get something to eat and by now it was extremely packed but we still didn't know who it was thatw as performing there this evening.

We had a walk along Hollywood Blvd again looking in some shops, we walked a bit to far down at one stage and become to feel uncomfortable as it seemed quieter and less touristy so headed straight back to the more crowded area.

We were heading back towards the Hollywood & Highland centre when I could hear a Kelly Clarkson song, I said to Darren how it sounded like that was live and he said no it's just a track but as we got closer I was right, it was her singing live. I'm a Kelly Clarkson fan so we stood there and had a look in a few shops while listening to her, she was pretty good but we couldn't see much of her as it was too crowded.
Shops closed and Kelly Clarkson over at about 10.30pm we decided just to head back to the hotel room about with some snacks and relax infront of the tv before going to sleep ready for our day at Universal Studios & Ice Hockey game tomorrow.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow what a fab day i'm loving this report!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Your photos have made me so glad that we have a hire car and are planning on driving up/down the PCH on our way back from San Diego...sorry, didn't mean to rub it in
I have the Disney soda fountain in our ititnerary...mainly for the pin... although I really don't think I'll manage to finish the sundae off without any help.
Thanks for more great pictures and report
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerlink View Post
Wow what a fab day i'm loving this report!
Thanks Alice, i hope we will be getting some sort of pre trip report for your wedding i'd love to hear your plans

Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Your photos have made me so glad that we have a hire car and are planning on driving up/down the PCH on our way back from San Diego...sorry, didn't mean to rub it in
I have the Disney soda fountain in our ititnerary...mainly for the pin... although I really don't think I'll manage to finish the sundae off without any help.
Thanks for more great pictures and report
The pin to be honest was nothing special and not as good/nice as the ones i'd brought
The sundae was lovely i had gummy bears in mine, but it was filling I can't believe you'll be off soon
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
how did you find the walk from the hotel to hollywood boulevard sarah... we're interested in the holiday inn next time...

:pop:

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sarah, what is it with ladies who sit with a huge smile on their faces when there is a huge dessert in front of them. You should be ashamed of yourself eating it

Was it nice?
Old 8 Oct 09, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Great photos Sarah. Sounds like it was a long day for you... I thought you were going to miss the train
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Hollywood sounds great!
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.