Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 10, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Getting married in florida

can anyone recommend a company in orlando to arrange a beach wedding in 2011. i have seen loads of companies on the internet,but i prefer to use one that has been recommended by someone who have used them.
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 10, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Get in touch with Carrie at destinationoccasion, there is a link from here on the dibb.

She is a lovely person, married to a Brit and will give you lots of advise.

We are sure alot of other Dibbers will also recommend her.

Good luck with the planning, and have a look at our villa details at the same time.

Melvin, Lesley, Simon and Carole.
Old 31 Jan 10, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi and congratulations me and my dh got married in may 09 at cocoa beach.we used sunkissed weddings and the couple kristi and jason couldnt have been more help we only had to collect the licence when we got there.The day was beautiful,flowers were out of this world and the photos were ace would highly recommend them.happy planning if you need any more help you can pm me.
Old 31 Jan 10, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know if Carrie can arrange Disney weddings? We are eyeing up the Wedding Pavillion for next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 10, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by iGareth View Post
Does anyone know if Carrie can arrange Disney weddings? We are eyeing up the Wedding Pavillion for next year.
If you want to book a Disney wedding you are best booking through Disney themselves (you get allocated a wedding planner).

You can book through virgin holidays but I have only read bad reports
Old 31 Jan 10, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
If you want to book a Disney wedding you are best booking through Disney themselves (you get allocated a wedding planner).

You can book through virgin holidays but I have only read bad reports
Thanks for this - will avoid Virgin like the plague!
Old 1 Feb 10, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
We got married at Seabreeze Point in December and went with Disney direct rather than an agent. They were brilliant to deal with and the day was just perfect.

They can arrange a beach wedding at the Grand Floridian (I think with the wedding pavillion as back-up if it is bad weather) and you can also get married at Sunset Point at the Polynesian.

I can't recommend Disney highly enough for weddings
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
We got married at Seabreeze Point in December and went with Disney direct rather than an agent. They were brilliant to deal with and the day was just perfect.

They can arrange a beach wedding at the Grand Floridian (I think with the wedding pavillion as back-up if it is bad weather) and you can also get married at Sunset Point at the Polynesian.

I can't recommend Disney highly enough for weddings
Thanks so much for the info. Would you mind me asking how you go about getting the marriage licence in Florida? Is there a waiting period i.e do you have to be in the country for so long before you can apply for one?
Old 1 Feb 10, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by iGareth View Post
Thanks so much for the info. Would you mind me asking how you go about getting the marriage licence in Florida? Is there a waiting period i.e do you have to be in the country for so long before you can apply for one?
Don't mind at all - ask away!

The marriage license was a doddle. We turned up at the courthouse in Kissimmee, up to the 2nd floor, into the right room, filled out the form, handed over our $'s, they checked our details and printed out the license. 20 minutes from getting out of the car to getting back in it.

There is no waiting period for UK'ers. You can get the license by mail from the UK but it works out expensive as you have to get it notarised and you also have to watch the timing as it is only valid for 60 days from the date of issue.

It was so easy to get the license and we got a real buzz from doing it too!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
Don't mind at all - ask away!

The marriage license was a doddle. We turned up at the courthouse in Kissimmee, up to the 2nd floor, into the right room, filled out the form, handed over our $'s, they checked our details and printed out the license. 20 minutes from getting out of the car to getting back in it.

There is no waiting period for UK'ers. You can get the license by mail from the UK but it works out expensive as you have to get it notarised and you also have to watch the timing as it is only valid for 60 days from the date of issue.

It was so easy to get the license and we got a real buzz from doing it too!
Wow that sounds sooo easy, thanks for the info!
Closed Thread