Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Feb 10, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Wedding Proposal!

Hi guys,

I'm planning on proposing to my GF of 4 years when we go to Florida in June.

I'm looking for it to be memorable, and I'm sure it will, but I'm also looking for it to be special too.

Is there some form of process for being involved in a parade or something and proposing to her like that?

Or, if any of you have some ideas that might be special I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
how about proposing just before the fireworks at MK or EPCOT? I've heard of a guy who booked to eat at the rose and crown - called in earlier int he day and asked to speak to a manager and explained he would be propsoing just before illuminations and they got everything set up in advance.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Apparently the cast members are quite open to helping with this sort of stuff so might be best to just ask them.
Old 1 Feb 10, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emma4g63
Imagineer

emma4g63's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
my fiance proposed to me in september just at the end of illuminations in epcot, i loved it! very romantic... i like the idea of the parade tho, i wonder if this is a possibility-a hope somone knows

2016 BOOKED- SSR-Aoa-HRH-BWV-AKL
2014 September SSR and Dibb villa
2012 Hampton lakes with the family and our little princess
2010 trip cut short... R.I.P Dad (i will love you forever)
Tuscan hills 2009
emma4g63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm not sure there's a way to be in the parade without actually being chosen at random.

I like the idea of just before or just after some fireworks and the Cast Members will be more than happy to help out if they can.

How about a nice ADR at California Grill (Contemporary Resort), ask the waiter to deliver desserts with the ring, propose, watch Wishes from the balcony. Accept copious amounts of drink from well wishers to celebrate your engagement ... *note* do not drive that evening!

Best of luck and early congratulations!
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Hiya and welcome to the dibb!

I have just read a trip report on another forum and her dh proposed with a cinderella snowglobe engraved with "will you marry me" on, I thought that was lovely I am sure however you do it if its in disney will be romantic though.

Good luck

Sarah x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

my fiance propsed in disney in september, he didn't want a big fuss and propsed in our room and then took me out to see wishes, which was right for us . But another girl on here her fiance propsed during wishes (with a very cheesy line im told lol only kidding laura) but the CM's are more than willing to help, make sure you get the just engaged badges so you can wear them for the rest of the holiday!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
when in magic kingdom last May we saw a man propose to his Gf during the wishes ceremony...it was really romantic and all the crowd cheered an clapped..we were just in front of the castle
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

If ypu want a 'non-disney' option they do a special package at Discovery Cove where the dolphin brings your GF a buoy with the message on. When we went in 2007 we saw this happen and it was wonderful. It happened after we'd all had our swim and we were asked to stay where we were as one of the dolphins had a special task to perform. This woman was then asked to step forward to recieve a special message from their dolphin... when she read the message she burst into tears (happy ones presumably!) and as the watching crowd cheered, the dolphins were all sent off to perform somersaults in the background. It was awesome and afterwards I asked my DH if we could get divorced so he could do this for me!
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Or you could consider discovery cove or somewhere like that.

Sure where ever you do it, it will be lovely and memorable.

Beaten to it.
Closed Thread