Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 10, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt
Trying for More Ears

The sore shoulders & silly faces trip. Day 3

Day 3 – Tueday 2nd March

The Cast

Matt – 21, McManager. Loves every little thing about Disney right down to light fittings.
Tasha – 21, McManager. Disney movie crazy, ride enthusiast, some theming lost on her.

Good morning France! We arose early this morning, somewhere in the region of 6am for our earliest breakfast reservation of the holiday. We strolled down the main building just after 7am and headed straight into the Hunter’s Grill with not a sole in front of us. We were sat down quickly by the lovely ladies manning the restaurant.

As always, the first time I sit down to a buffet breakfast I go crazy and completely ignore my stomach telling me its full and continue anyway. This morning was no exception. I’m fairly sure I gorged on cereal, fruit, croissants, yogurt, OJ, and tea. Now of course this was a mistake and the walk to the parks later would not agree with me in any way. Tasha managed numerous OJs and some pain au chocolat with added nutella spread. Overall, a good breakfast which set us up for the day. As will be noted in the next few days, try and get these earlier breakfasts. It is so much more relaxed and calmer, plus you get to go and hit the parks earlier.

All done by 7.35, we were headed off to the parks. After strolling through the Village (or ghost town) we arrived at the main gates at 7.50.

Just after 8am we were let through the gates alongside the 10 or so other people awaiting an early session in the Magic Kingdom. Presently the only areas which you can access during these EMHs are Discoveryland and Fantasyland, both with limited attractions.

After storming past everyone else (those without the dedication of me and Tasha) we caught a glimpse of Space Mountain. This is one of Tasha’s favourite rides and finally the excitement for us both set in.

We found ourselves at the entrance of the queue with three Cast Members waiting for the first wave of eager customers to travel to the moon and back. After following these several INCREDIBLEY slow French Cast Members (remember we are buzzing like crazy) we finally manage to jump into the front of the first train.

We then proceeded to ride two or three more times, making a note of the photo we would come and order later on today.

After we had had our heads and shoulders suitably rattled (especially at the back!) we headed for something a little calmer and relaxing. We were off to save the galaxy with the help of Buzz Lightyear and his little green men. Now, I love the fact that you can actually take the gun from the carriage but after comparing it to WDW its lacks a little….something. I can’t remember scores but I know I won this round as Tasha had to give up pretty early through due to a continuing pain in her right hand where she broke it a few years back. Soooo, I win by default? I’ll take it!

After saving the galaxy we decided to leave Discoveryland as by this time (9ish?) there was a greater influx of people heading towards this area of the park. So we decamped over to Fantasyland to see what we could jump on there. We do not hide the fact that we are big kids and jumped straight onto the Teacups.

I always remember this ride being particularly violent as a child and was a little disheartened to discover that they aren’t as vomit inducing as I once enjoyed. But hey ho, it counted as an upper body work out for the morning.

Seeing no queue for Dumbo we jumped on, headed upwards and attempted to get some photos of an early morning DLP from the air. Essentially I failed, but did manage to get us both.

As previously stated something about us being big kids we headed over to the Carousel. Something to do with being straight from the horse’s mouth?

We wanted to try and get on all the smaller rides (Peter Pan/Snow White/Pinocchio) before they filled up later on in the day. However, only Peter Pan is open during EMH so already had somewhat of a queue. Using my fancy ’30 shot’ on my camera I came away with this during the queue.

Not sure shed be too happy with me posting that.

By this time it was just before 10am so we sauntered over to the entrance to Frontierland where a rather large crowed had already gathered. 10am on the dot we moved like cattle in a rush to get to BTMR. I did like that for the first 30 mins they open the FP queue to everyone to speed up the first rush of the day.

Whilst in the queue we found a guy with this hat….I was rather jealous

After riding we grabbed a FP and headed on round to Indiana Jones. I’m a little disappointed it no longer goes in reverse as I felt it made it a bit more worthwhile. Anyway, we rode it 3 times before wondering back to BTMR for another ride through the mountains.

We headed to Gracey Manor to mingle with the local deceased, and had to wait quite a while for the privilege! Got a decent pic of the Mansion and BTMR during the wait.

Pirates was our next destination. Unfortunately I think the ride itself is starting to look a little tired and could eventually do with the same treatment that is American cousin at WDW has been treated to. I do like the adaptation of the ride to go include a drop or two, makes life a little more interesting. Following this I somehow managed convinced Tasha we had to go and ride IASW; a standard Disney tradition. She wasn’t happy about this but accepted her fate of humming the tune all day.

By now we were heading towards lunch time. We had examined the menu at Cournel Hathy’s Pizza Outpost earlier in the day and had found something we’d both be happy with. However it would appear this is seasonal and closed. Damn! Ok, more Pizza! Pizza Planet….no, seasonal. Hmmm starting to have issues now! After consulting the map more we identified ‘Pizzeria Bella Notte’ in Fantasyland has having the same menu as Cournel Hathy’s and happily settled on paying €12.50 each for Pizza, salad, dessert and a drink. Overall, not terrible value considering the reputation for extortionate prices.

After a hearty lunch we decided we had hit the Magic Kingdom hard enough for one morning and wandered over to the Studios around 2.30/3. At quick pace through Studio 1 we’re off to have another bash on The Tower of Terror…and once again spend about 30 minutes waiting, and waiting, and waiting. But anyway it’s a great ride and always worth the wait. We were lucky enough to have the same Bell Hop as we did yesterday who took like a duck to water to his role adding to atmosphere.

After a few drops to awaken our lunch we walked straight onto The Rock & Rollercoaster, several times. Happily we took about 20 steps out of the ride and into Lights, Motor, Action! Although I can imagine that this would get a bit dull after a while, I hadn’t seen it for a year or two and Tasha for eight.

Whilst waiting we started tucking into some Mickey lollies.

After the show we saw the last few minutes of the parade. I thought it was a bit odd that the cars kind of ‘split’ so you don’t get a good view of everything in the parade.

Heading for a nice sit down on something comfier than the horrible steel seats at the stunt show and headed into Animagique. For those of you who don’t know this a live action backlit stage show. Pretty enjoyable if for nothing more for our backsides to recover. Proceeding this we grabbed a hot chocolate before wandering back into the Magic Kingdom. It was now around 5 as I remember people waiting for the parade.

Honey I shrank the audience was just starting so grabbed some stylish eye wear, donned some translating headphones and attempted to understand what was going on. I must admit it was a little hard to hear the original script through the headphones but other than that nice to do something which I haven’t experienced in WDW or DLP for many years.

We grabbed a fast pass for Space Mountain having to wait for about 30 mins. We sat in Videopolis watching some Classic Disney cartoons reminiscing about watching them on the Disney Channel as children.
After riding and pulling more faces….
Old 13 Mar 10, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt
Trying for More Ears

part 2

We headed out of the park somewhere in the region of 6.30. After grabbing some cool evening photos we decided to try one of the hotel restaurants for dinner.

After perusing the menus of both Beaver Creek and Hunters Grill we decided on the former just for table service. We both opted for the €26 menu which included a starter buffet, a main and a dessert buffet. Again, not outstanding value, but this is Paris, and Disney.

We both made a decent sized salad to start with a hefty amount of French stick. For mains I had half roast chicken which was worth the money just for that, whilst Tasha had….something vegetarian which I can’t remember the name of. Either way we both enjoyed dinner, grabbed some dessert and headed up to the bar for a drink.

Tasha grabbed a particular favourite snack from the shop, a giant sour apple lolly. We broke it up into bits whilst sitting in the bar, enjoying my €7 Kronenbourg. I must admit, sour apple and larger is an interesting combination. After managing to get on some free wifi we used my iPhone to check up on Facebook / emails etc.
After finishing a pint or two we headed up to bed around 11pm ready to be up for a slightly later breakfast of 7.30-7.45. On the way we found a posing opportunity!

We both flake out fairly quickly as we’ve managed some serious miles today.
Old 13 Mar 10, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
veludo
Excited about Disney

Im enjoying your report - looking forward to the next installment

Justine

2008 Highlands Reserve Villa, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, Xmas/ New Year 2009/10 Coronado Springs May 2010 Puerta Pollentia Majorca, Aug 2010 Hotel New York DLP, May 2011 Waldorf Astoria Orlando,August 2011 Puerta Pollentia, Majorca June 2012 Old Key West
veludo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 10, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you both had a great day Matt.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 10, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great report - Loved the photos on Space Mountain - Te He! Looking forward to the next installment.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List