Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 10, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt
Trying for More Ears

The sore shoulders & silly faces trip. Day 4

Day 4 - Wednesday 3rd March

The Cast

Matt – 21, McManager. Loves every little thing about Disney right down to light fittings.
Tasha – 21, McManager. Disney movie crazy, ride enthusiast, some theming lost on her.

Just realised I have a distinct lack of photos compared to yesterday. I can only hope Tasha has some but won’t be able to see her for a few days to grab her camera.

We rose reasonably early once again with a small lie in until somewhere between 6.30 and 6.45 for our 7.30-7.45 breakfast reservation. This morning we weren’t given the option in choosing our dining location as a cast member was directing the noticeably high number of guests to each restaurant. Either way both serve the same buffet so we weren’t too fussed. It took around 5 minutes to be seated at 7.35. It would seem like the 30 minute head start we yesterday really makes the difference.

We were sat in Beaver Creek right in the middle of a high foot traffic section…excellent. But hey ho I learnt from yesterday and didn’t try and kill myself at breakfast. After a reasonably quick breakie we headed out to the park just before 8am getting into the Magic Kingdom around ten past.

We notice a distinct lack of people still around the park and manage to convince Tasha to grab a quick picture in front of the castle. As you can see she was not too happy about this still.

We practiced our speed walking technique in the direction of Space Mountain only to be informed of a (insert French accent) ‘Technical Problem’ (end French accent). This now became a favourite holiday phrase, unfortunately to be repeated to us on several more occasions.

We decide to have a go on the French equivalent of the Astro Orbitor and find it a touch worrying about how side wards you can actually get on this relatively un secured ride. Walk back over to Space…….(insert French accent) ‘Technical Problem’ (end French accent). Ok, right, Buzz it is then. This time Tasha makes and effort and beats me. Apparently I only have a chance if she gives up.

Right, now, sods law dictates that as soon as we went into Buzz, Space opened up. We now wait about 5 mins and ride somewhere in the middle of the train, then again at the back. Once again rattled, bruised and shaken up we head over to the Studios for 10am.

Having discovered the largest queue for anything the entire holiday was the Tower of Terror so we instinctively grabbed a Fast Pass for use later on. Whilst waiting for our FP time we thought we’d go and walk onto RnR. However (insert French accent) ‘Technical Problem’ (end French accent)….######. Ok, so we now queued for ToT, rode then rode again using FP getting another photo. It kind of caught us mid pose so we look a little odd. It was planned but didn’t quite happen properly.

A quick check on RnR….nothing. Grabbed another FP and headed over to Cinemagique for kill some more time while waiting for our return time. Like Animagique, Cinemagique was excellent for a comfy seat for half an hour. The show was pretty good, enough to keep us entertained for a while.

Now was time for numerous rides of RnR. I think we rode 4 times in total gaining another photo for the collection.

We headed for lunch in the Backlot Express Café for some lunch finding something vegetarian for Tasha. Sandwich, drink, dessert and crisps set us back €11 each, finding a seat in the pirate themed area of the café. We were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Captain Jack and Tasha grabbed a photo with him on the way out (again on her camera) as I saw her eying him up all through lunch.

Following this we had a perusal through Studio 1’s shops trying on some hats as we went.

We headed back to the Magic Kingdom to try and finish off some of the attractions we missed yesterday. Snow White, Pinocchio and Star Tours were completed in quick succession followed by another hot chocolate outside Videopolis. We had a wonder back to the hotel around 4 to dump some shopping, mainly the numerous types of sweets purchased from Main Street earlier that day. Included were some Tinkerbell glasses bought for my friend Amiee. I was told that if I didn’t come back with one, ‘I might as well not come back’. Unsure whether to take this threat seriously or not I felt it easier to comply with this request.

We returned back to MK for 4.50 to get a good spot for the 5pm parade. Sitting just in front of the train station we managed a good few snaps.

Exiting MK we took another opportunity to scan the menus of The Village’s restaurants to find a suitable place to grab some dinner. We decided upon the Rainforest Café, a firm favourite of mine. Last time I ate here at DLP we were massively disappointed but an American manager put everything right for us. Luckily were we treated brilliantly and served some excellent food. I had a burger and Tasha had some pasta which was far better than we were served at Ludwigs. Dessert included an ice cream sundae for myself and banana pancakes for Tasha.

We resided to the hotel bar after this for another session of wifi, beer and the Disney channel before bed.
Old 13 Mar 10, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

WOW you do cram in a lot. enjoying reading your reports.. thanks
Old 13 Mar 10, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

A great action packed day Matt.

No wonder you came back shattered
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List