Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Mar 10, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
crofty
Excited about Disney

Anyone book with virgin weddings and not disney?

I have booked our wedding with Virgin rather than direct with disney and was wondering if anyone had done the same?

Everyone seems to have booked direct and I am beginning to think maybe I should have?
crofty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 10, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I'd like to do this to keep it all in one place but the general consensus is that a middle man would not be good news. I think I will contact Virgin before booking and ask if can book it through them but have direct contact with my wedding planner so they'd basically get the booking without any of the work! It's worth a try! I think with the exchange rate the way it is atm as well you are getting a better deal

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 10, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

We booked direct but the exchange rate was a lot better then so it certainly worked out cheaper. I think the problem some have had is that you essentially ring virgin who rings Disney and tells you what you want, and it works that way. But then when we researched our wedding there were many people who booked direct with Virgin and who had a really good service, so it depends I think...
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 10, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I heard bad reports but essentially in a few months you will get passed to a planner ad it will be exactly the same process so I would not worry! The virgin package is a little different you don't get annual passes (which we wanted as you can get a table in wonderland card to get 20% discount off food, discounts of hotels etc etc) while with virgin you only get a 5 day pass I think, also I thought your guests had too book with virgin too? This would not work for me as their prices were much more expensive than diy a I have two guests flying in from other parts of the world?

I think it just depends on your circumstances :-)
Old 14 Mar 10, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
crofty
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I heard bad reports but essentially in a few months you will get passed to a planner ad it will be exactly the same process so I would not worry! The virgin package is a little different you don't get annual passes (which we wanted as you can get a table in wonderland card to get 20% discount off food, discounts of hotels etc etc) while with virgin you only get a 5 day pass I think, also I thought your guests had too book with virgin too? This would not work for me as their prices were much more expensive than diy a I have two guests flying in from other parts of the world?

I think it just depends on your circumstances :-)
Our guests dont have to book with virgin they can go with any airline. Its a bit of a bummer about the 5 day pass but I am going to upgrade, I am also going to ring disney on Monday to see how much booking direct works out with them but I know the exchange rate is not very good at the moment.
crofty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 10, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

We weighed up the pros and cons and it worked out the same to book with the hotel than with Virgin (Antigua, not Florida) but we got loads of extras. Am now glad we did as my Wedding Co-ordinator has emailled me today to say that as we are booked into a superior room, the basic renewal will be free - just having a look to see what I can spend the "reserved renewal money" on now
Old 17 Mar 10, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread