Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 10, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Renewing our vows (maybe) help

Hi Everyone

This will be our first solo trip to Orlando we got married January 2004 and would like to renew our vows, its just an idea at the moment, it would just be the two of us so not really sure what our option would be, my questions are:

Could I hire a dress over there (if I wanted)
Venues as it would just be the two of us
Nice meal afterwards in wedding outfits so not Denny's lol although that would be very amusing
We would really like Mickey & Minnie if it was at disney hotel but think all that would cost too much
also we got married 22nd of Jan but we would be going home on 24th so would like to do it at beginning of trip, is it 'propper' to renew your vows on the exact date or doesnt it matter?

Really would appreciate any help - Thank
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 10, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Just moving this over to the wedding and planning forum, probably more relevant there given your questions.

Personally the date wouldn't matter a bit to me.
Old 19 Mar 10, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Jakey
Old 20 Mar 10, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

If you want Mickey & Minnie i'm guessing you're looking into a Disney wedding/vowel renewel, as its just the two of you it would be an Escape package you'd want which starts at $4750 and goes upto $5895 depending on where you want the ceremony, the price includes the venue, floral boquet & boutonneire, cake, Violinest, photographer,and 4 hour limousine hire. Take a look here disneyweddings.disney.go/ oh and Mickey & Minnie cost an extra $1300 i think it is
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by wilson2009 View Post
Hi Everyone

This will be our first solo trip to Orlando we got married January 2004 and would like to renew our vows, its just an idea at the moment, it would just be the two of us so not really sure what our option would be, my questions are:

Could I hire a dress over there (if I wanted)
Venues as it would just be the two of us
Nice meal afterwards in wedding outfits so not Denny's lol although that would be very amusing
We would really like Mickey & Minnie if it was at disney hotel but think all that would cost too much
also we got married 22nd of Jan but we would be going home on 24th so would like to do it at beginning of trip, is it 'propper' to renew your vows on the exact date or doesnt it matter?

Really would appreciate any help - Thank
I'll help as much as I can as a fellow planning bride

On the basis that you are clearly considering a Disney wedding, an Escape wedding sounds like what you are after. Here's the website:

disneyweddings.disney.go/

Venues will be Sea Breeze Point (Boardwalk, see Scrap-Vamp's and Summer-Caitlin's reports below), Wedding Gazebo (Yacht Club), Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge.

Mickey and Minnie cost $1200 for 30 mins so quite expensive

I guess you could hire a dress if you wanted, but perhaps UKGirl-FloridaNow (Carrie, Destination Occasion) could help you with that

You can't enter the parks in your wedding outfits, so a resort hotel would be best. We are having ours at Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club after our Sea Breeze Point wedding

I don't think it is particularly common to renew your vows on your wedding anniversary, but if it's what you want to do, then go for it.

Hope that helps!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank very much guys

Thanks NatsyNoo, Well looking at the price I dont think its going to be a Disney Wedding Vow renewall, as I said we are just thinking about it at the moment. You cant go into the parks in wedding dress, thats a shame they would have been nice photos

Well not really sure what to do now will keep looking around
Old 20 Mar 10, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by wilson2009 View Post
Thank very much guys

Thanks NatsyNoo, Well looking at the price I dont think its going to be a Disney Wedding Vow renewall, as I said we are just thinking about it at the moment. You cant go into the parks in wedding dress, thats a shame they would have been nice photos

Well not really sure what to do now will keep looking around
The only way you can go into the parks in wedding attire is:

1. have a Magic Kingdom Wishes wedding, cost starts at about $16,000 and the wedding has to be after 10pm

2. have a Magic Kingdom wedding photo shoot, costs around $1200 but if you look at Summer-Caitlin's trip report you will see the amazing photos and find that many people think it's worth the money

We are planning our Disney wedding in 2012 and having to find the money to do it...we are going to WDW for 3 weeks which is expensive in itself but we want clear our credit cards before saving so time is on the tight side. We can definitely do it for 2012 but without the lovely added extras like the MK shoot and Mickey & Minnie but I am dropping lots of hints to my dad (who 8 months ago had twins with his new wife) to encourage him to book it for us!

I think they are a lovely touch but the day will be amazing without them

We are instead doing the Magic Kingdom Honeymoon shoot for $310. You can't wear bridal attire but there's nothing to stop you from wearing a pretty summer dress (in white if you want) - I think the thing they look at is if you can wear your outfit for a day in the parks

Just an idea

I think if you can do the Disney renewal it will be amazing. I actually don't think the Disney wedding price is too bad when you consider what is included

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 10, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Yhanks for all that info Natsy having looked at some photos and checked out the info you gave me, I am now completely re-thing everything! I would really love a Disney venue with Micke & Minnie but same as you we still have a few bills to 'get rid' of first so money isnt exactly no object It would take a couple of year like you to save so we can have the things we want, so have decided we will renew our vows on our 10th wedding anniversary! We are already booked to go on holiday January 2011 so by the time we go we will have been married 7 years, that will then give us a couple of years to save for all the things we want and also I will be 40 that year also .

Thank you for your help with all this. You are going to have the best wedding and will remember it always. I will no doubt keep up to date with your plans on here.

Thanks again
Old 20 Mar 10, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

How about a vow renewal on the beach at sunset? There are some lovely beaches on both coasts and the wedding attire can be a little more relaxed?
Old 20 Mar 10, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
...or a vow renewal on a cruise ship? or one of the islands they visit?