Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Mar 10, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Speeches-Worth having?

We have 8 guests so not sure on what to do about speeches.

I think if we were having a big UK wedding then we wouldn't hesitate to having speeches but with it been so small not too sure?
I do think either DF or myself should thank people for travelling so far to see our wedding.

Whats everyone else doing?

Rachel
x
Old 22 Mar 10, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I'm having them! Can't pass up 30 mins of everyone telling me what a great daughter I am and how beautiful I look! Though when to do them...I don't know! But yeah, definitely having them! I'll have a word with my dad to make sure he does them!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 10, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
I'm having them! Can't pass up 30 mins of everyone telling me what a great daughter I am and how beautiful I look! Though when to do them...I don't know! But yeah, definitely having them! I'll have a word with my dad to make sure he does them!
Like your way of thinking! lol.

If we were going to say anything it would be before the meal x
Old 22 Mar 10, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

We'll be skipping them, Darren wouldn't feel comfortable doing one but we will find a way of saying thank you to everyone for travelling
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 10, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I doubt we will have official speeches.

We have no best man and no father of the bride coming out to Orlando. There will be just 8 of us.

Me and H2B will thank everybody for coming, probably after the champagne toast.

Neither me nor H2B like being centre of attention (one of the reasons for having a small wedding abroad) so this will suit us fine

I would say do what you both feel comfortable and happy with.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 10, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I would love to have speeches but unfortunately Anthony doesn't want any, being the centre of attention is not his thing at all. The best man is probably worse again so we have absolutely no chance there either. My nephew (who is giving me away) said he'd be more than happy to do a speech but Anthony says it's a no no
The speeches are my favourite part of the wedding, I think everyone looks forward to them.
Old 23 Mar 10, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

We aren't sure how many people and who are attending our wedding at the moment. we are having an evening wedding reception on our return and we will be doing speeches there, hubby to be will do one along with my dad, we will also do another cutting of a cake and first dance.
Old 23 Mar 10, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

As my dad probably isn't going and we don't have a best man, i don't think we'll have speeches. When we have our champagne and cake cutting we'll thank everyone for coming, we''ll only have about 8 guests so it'll be very informal. My partner isn't the speech making type, although i do hope he tells everyone how pretty i look and how proud he is i'm his wife, I can dream i suppose!
We're giving everyone a Giftbag with a set of ears, a little gift and a thank you card to explain what they mean to us and how pleased we are they have traveled that far to join us on our special day.
Old 23 Mar 10, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Disneybride View Post
As my dad probably isn't going and we don't have a best man, i don't think we'll have speeches. When we have our champagne and cake cutting we'll thank everyone for coming, we''ll only have about 8 guests so it'll be very informal. My partner isn't the speech making type, although i do hope he tells everyone how pretty i look and how proud he is i'm his wife, I can dream i suppose!
We're giving everyone a Giftbag with a set of ears, a little gift and a thank you card to explain what they mean to us and how pleased we are they have traveled that far to join us on our special day.
That's a really nice idea, doesn't cost a lot but is a personal token of thanks. Very sweet

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 10, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

My partner thinks i'm just a big softy, but how i'm just so pleased and amazed that people are willing to spend so much money to come and join us, however i'll have to make sure i don't get carried away!
Closed Thread