Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 10, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Ideas/Suggestions wanted please..

...As part of our Disney wedding I'm planning on having a 'hen' type day at Magic Kingdom a couple of days before the wedding with breakfast at Cinderellas Royal table

Anyway i'm wanting to put little gift bags together for all of the girls that will be joining me (8 of them, 7 adults & 1 12 year old) and what you ideas of what to put in them? what things would you like to recieve?

I have little carriage candles for them already, thinking of putting some sweets in there and thats about all I can think of at the moment, i was thinking Minnie ears but now thinking that cost will mount up for 8? oh yeah and nothing overly expensive as i'll need 8 of everything or maybe 9 if I want one for myself
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 10, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Instead of having traditional favours, we are doing gift boxes with everyone and here is what we are putting inside them: Lottery ticket with holder, mini perfume or mine aftershave, personalised shot glass (with our name and date of wedding) mini spirit of some sort, some old fashioned sweets, a small yankee candle, key ring.

Also to put on the chair for the ceremony we are having a disposable camera for everyone, some champagne bubbles and for the ladies a white feathered fan.

We have kind of gone to town a bit on gifts but really wanted to show everyone we appreciate them all making the journey. Plus there are only 9 of them x
Old 16 Apr 10, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Thanks Rachel, thinking of putting little perfume sample, keyring and maybe some cinderella castle shape soaps i spotted on ebay
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 10, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
No1 Babe
Excited about Disney

Yep I agree spoil your guests they are putting in alot of effort to share your special day with you! Would love to be involved in a disney wedding and would be bowled over if someone actually thought to make up a gift bag for me.
No1 Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 10, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

What about some girly things they can use throughout the hen day? Lip balm and a small sunscreen?

Have you thought about having afternoon tea at the Gran Floridian? I plan on doing this with Mum the day before our wedding. Very girly!
Old 18 Apr 10, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
What about some girly things they can use throughout the hen day? Lip balm and a small sunscreen?

Have you thought about having afternoon tea at the Gran Floridian? I plan on doing this with Mum the day before our wedding. Very girly!
Thanks for the suggestions, like them

I had but going to do breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table instead (i want to meet the princesses haha)
Old 18 Apr 10, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

what about disposable cameras each? they can record your day on them

Mini perfume samples sound good.

What about some glitter pots? its girly and you can put them on during the day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you can sneak off, Id ask at guest services for 8 celebration badges, explain to them its a surprise for your ty bags, you could also be cheeky and ask if they had any mickey confetti...

i bought some gorgeous lil organza bags off ebay , which were very reasonable, about 40p each I think.

What about making "minnie bows" buy thick red & white spotted ribbon and tie them in bows on hair clips/slides.

I agree ears would work out expensive as theyre $15 a set. But you can get cheap mikey/minnie earings off ebay ...

cgi... /Very-Cute-MiCKeY-...2#ht_500wt_956

dunno if that link will work...

Bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
what about disposable cameras each? they can record your day on them

Mini perfume samples sound good.

What about some glitter pots? its girly and you can put them on during the day
The camera idea did cross my mind but most of us will no doubt have digital cameras and will exchange pictures when we get back anyway.

Like the glitter pot ideas, most of us love glitter

Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
If you can sneak off, Id ask at guest services for 8 celebration badges, explain to them its a surprise for your ty bags, you could also be cheeky and ask if they had any mickey confetti...

i bought some gorgeous lil organza bags off ebay , which were very reasonable, about 40p each I think.

What about making "minnie bows" buy thick red & white spotted ribbon and tie them in bows on hair clips/slides.

I agree ears would work out expensive as theyre $15 a set. But you can get cheap mikey/minnie earings off ebay ...

cgi... /Very-Cute-MiCKeY-...2#ht_500wt_956

dunno if that link will work...

Bren
I'm hoping to put those celebration badges in the bags, trying to get a few people to pick me up a couple each incase they aren't about by the time we go. Hadn't thought about Mickey confetti, would be good to put some in each bag, so thanks for that idea

Love the minni bows idea, very cute. I thought they were about $15 each so might skip that idea.
Old 18 Apr 10, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
babycanaansmum
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

I love the idea of gift bags!

How about looking in Claires Accessories - some of the girls in work go there and get so many sale items for a couple of pounds. I guess you have to be lucky but they have had some lovely things - a real mixture of all sorts. Might be worth a look