Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 16 Apr 10, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

DLP - Here we come again (Days 3 & 4)

Day 3 – Woke up at 7:15 to pouring rain. We had the Character Breakfast booked for 8:00 but due to the weather and the kids struggling to wake up we rebooked for the following morning. So we strolled down for a leisurely bfast at 8:30. We hit the studios at 10, by which time the rain had stopped, and were straight on the ToT again. After this DD, wanted to do Animagique and learn how to draw a Disney character, so with DW being the artistic one I went off with DD2 to do Cars and the Flying Carpets while the other two went drawing. We met up an hour later to discover DD1 had drawn a very creditable Donald Duck! We then all went to watch Playhouse Disney Live before taking DD1 RnR, she hated it!

With that we all headed back to the Disney Park for lunch at Bella Notte, we had never eaten there before and were surprised how good it was. After lunch we split up again, DW and DD2 shopping and people watching while DD1 and I hit some more rides, the VIP Fastpass was worth its weight in gold.

We all met up at 5:30 for an excellent dinner in Walts before DW and DD2 headed back to the hotel. DD1 and I did more rides, with Peter Pan now her favourite we rode 3 times in a row before heading back to the hotel on the bus at around 9:00. Stopping at the hotel bar to grab DW a cappuccino. As the lift doors opened to take us up to the 8th floor, out stepped Goofy. DD1 got 5 minutes of interaction with him all to herself! And I got lots of photos.

Day 4 – Rose early to make sure we got to Café Mickey’s before 8:00 to be seated for the character breakfast. Both kids really enjoyed it especially as they got a lot autographs and photos with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Prince John, Baloo and Eyeore!

After breakfast me and DD1 headed straight for the studios for Crush’s Coaster while DW and DD2 headed for the Disney Park. The Q was only half an hour. However just as we were about to get on DD1 decided she didn’t want to ride, so I asked the cast member if she could simply step over and wait on the bench the other side. However the jobs worth said no, she had to go out, round the back and back in into the exit as if she was doing child swap. As I wasn’t prepared to let my six year old wander off on her own we both missed out.

Undeterred we headed back for the Disney Park and used the Fastpass for BTM, DW went on first and we did the child swap, and I waited patiently for my turn. However, DD1 came off and decided she wouldn’t ride again. I was just about to go on my own when my mobile rang, pulled it out and DWs number came up, assuming her phone had got knocked in her pocket I cancelled the call. It was at this point DW discovered she had lost her phone and dashed back, assuming she had left it in BTM. My phone then went again and when I answered, a French voice explained in very broken English that he had picked the phone up and was waiting by the BTM photo booth. We met him there and were very grateful to get the phone back and thanked him for having the presence of mind to dial the last number on the phone and made sure we got it back. To show our thanks we got his little girl a Minnie Helium balloon. Not all the French are rude and arrogant! The rest of the day was spent park hopping to do all DD1s favourite rides, while DD2 was happy being wheeled about people watching. Had dinner in Café Hyperion at 5 before all doing Peter Pan again (3 times) before DW and DD1 headed back to the hotel. DD2 and I stayed in the park until closing taking in Buzz, Rockets, Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan (again!) and the Carousel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List