Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 23 Jul 10, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma&shauna
slightly serious Dibber

Had The Best Time

Well just back from 2 nights 3days at the Sequoia lodge wish i was still there!

It was a suprise birthday trip for my daughter who turned 10 on Friday. I had emailed Sequoia before hand to advise them of this and also to ask for a room in the main building... however on our arrival i was informed we had been upgraded to a suite on floor 6 and with it came VIP fastpasses!
We couldn't believe it and the room was fantastic, the view from the room was panoramic and we could see the Castle, Studios and Disney Village!

Plus points
* Fly Be from Manchester were fantastic and we had such an easy transition with them, would definatley go with them again

* Inter Service Prestige - top marks! They were there waiting for us , helped with the luggage and had Monsters Inc set up for the kids to watch on the journey- our driver was sooooo nice, Can't reccommend them enough

* Room upgrade mainly for VIP Fast Passes which were priceless - rode Big Thunder Mountain 10 times in 1 day when the queue was reading 75 minute wait!

* Cafe Mickey for Shaunas birthday tea - Cast members were ace with us and had her up on a table dancing in the middle of the place!

* The weather - it was so sunny although a little too hot at times - at least it was dry!

* Breakfast - was so much quieter then on previous visits, this could be due to the fact you can now have breakfast in the parks and we had it on the second morning at 8:15 by Pinocchios ride, (i forget the name)

A Few Negatives -

Crushes coaster - the queue for this never came down from 70 mins whilst we were there! Plus it was too hot to queue in the blearing sun !

Character interactions - there seemed to be much less organised meet n greets and much more kaos greetings than previous visits where its a push and shove mentality ! and no queue !

thats the only negatives i can think of and we really had a fab time!

Also whilst on the studio tram tour RC Racer was constantly on the go, although there were no passengers on it- at one point on a different day when not on the tram tour i was convinced i could see and hear people on it? Could have been wishful thinking though?

All in all a fantastic time had by all of us and the baby absolutley loved Mickey! I did think he might scream when faced with the big mouse but no he loved him and kissed him on the nose, then was shouting baby language across the room for his attention! - Priceless!
SL DLRP Jun 04 - NY DLRP Dec 04 - Sri Lanka Tour Jun 05 - NYC Dec 05 - Celebrity Cruise Jun 06 Bangkok Nov 06 - Phuket Nov 06 - QII Florida Oct 07 - Villa in Olu Deniz Turkey Sept 08 - QII Florida Nov 09 SL DLRP Jul 10 - Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Oct 10 - Egypt Dec 10 - Lapland Dec 10 - Baron Palms Egypt May 11 - QII Florida Nov 2011
gemma&shauna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Wow, what a fantastic upgrade, you must have been grinning ear-to-ear. It sounds as though you guys had an amazing time - thanks for sharing

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm so glad you had a great time! How did your dd react when you told what she was doing for her birthday?
Great news about the upgrade, how nice of them! Must remember to let them know its my ds 18th when we go

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Sounds like you had a brilliant time what a lovely surprise for your DD, we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge in Nov so i will e mail them before we go too as you never know!
Old 23 Jul 10, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hey Gemma & Shauna!

Wow! What a trip! Cool upgrade - always worth mentioning if you are celebrating something with Disney. No gurantee of anything, but you'll never know if you never ask!

Im bumping this to Trip Reports, where it better belongs.
Old 23 Jul 10, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma&shauna
slightly serious Dibber

Forgot to say thank you for everyones little tips! I love the Dibb !

My DD cried when she realised what was going on! I think she was very overwhelmed and then got very excited !
I had a tear in my eye too!
SL DLRP Jun 04 - NY DLRP Dec 04 - Sri Lanka Tour Jun 05 - NYC Dec 05 - Celebrity Cruise Jun 06 Bangkok Nov 06 - Phuket Nov 06 - QII Florida Oct 07 - Villa in Olu Deniz Turkey Sept 08 - QII Florida Nov 09 SL DLRP Jul 10 - Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Oct 10 - Egypt Dec 10 - Lapland Dec 10 - Baron Palms Egypt May 11 - QII Florida Nov 2011
gemma&shauna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gemma&shauna View Post
Forgot to say thank you for everyones little tips! I love the Dibb !

My DD cried when she realised what was going on! I think she was very overwhelmed and then got very excited !
I had a tear in my eye too!
Have you got Sequoia Lodge's e mail address please. Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
Have you got Sequoia Lodge's e mail address please. Thanks
From my Contacts Sticky Ali...
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=414174

dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

OR

Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Tel: 00 33 1 60 45 51 00
Fax: 00 33 1 60 45 51 33

Old 23 Jul 10, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
From my Contacts Sticky Ali...
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=414174

dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

OR

Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Tel: 00 33 1 60 45 51 00
Fax: 00 33 1 60 45 51 33

Thanks James
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 10, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Great highs and lows...glad you had a fantastic time! Can't wait til it's our turn in November!
It's such a shame there are no fastpasses on Crush, it just doesn't make any sense even not to add them now! But we personally think it's worth the wait..like Toy Story Mania in WDW
Glad you had a good time anyway!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List