Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Sep 10, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

First Timer - Just Back

Hi All
I have been reading these forums for a while, and have gained a huge amount of really valuable knowledge, and this is the first time I have written anything so here goes...
We have just returned (Me , DW, DD's 2 and 4) from 4 days 3 nights at the Santa Fe. We travelled Eurosatr from St Pancras which was very good. we had booked Disney Express seperately and a CM came to us at our table with all information and park tickets. When we arrived at Marne La Vallee we went to the top floor and drpooed our suitcases off (only one lift so had to wait a while!). One thing to mention as I know there have been some discussions on Disney Express, we were visiting with another family who had driven and arrived before us, and had managed to get 7.30 breakfast for all of us and on the last morning breakfast in the park (can't remember the name but it was Pinnochio themed).
Straight to the park and met our friends, had a good look around, went to the haunted manssion as it was closing the following day - the 2&3 year old thought it was silly but the 4&5 year old definately didn't want to do it again! Went back to fantasy land for Small World and a few other rides for the kids.
We had booked dinner at Cafe Mickeys for 7.15 a couple of weeks previously, and it really was brilliant. As soon as we sat down Captain Hook came over, followed by Mickey, Gepetto, Pluto, Goofy and Minnie. The food was good and everybody left happy. we had half board vouchers and paid the difference (I think about another 60 Euros a family)
Back to the Santa Fe on the bus, checked in and grabbed the luggage. We had a room almost directly behind the reception (Bld 41). Rooms were a good size two double beds and clean. One other thing to mention as I think I have seen it discussed, we had a new flat screen LCD TV in the room, and also a Lightning McQueen picture, I saw a few more of these around the hotel.
Next day breakfast not to much of a scrum but got a lot busier as we were leaving.
Had lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon at 12. Absolutely fantastic, we were met by Cinderella and DD's had photos and autographs. Suzy and Perla the mice were constantly around and Suzy took a shine to my 2 yr old. Thet also met Snow White and her Prince, Ariel, Beauty and her Prince (Not the Beast! ) Food was very good and wine included. In total we spent 168 euros for 2 adults and 2 children which included drinks and a photo pack. It was expensive but worth every penny.

Some other restaurants visited:
Rainforest Cafe for dinner - good food but the kids were probably a bit young as found it a little scary when the 2 gorillas started beating their chests every 20 minutes.
Agrabah Cafe for lunch - very nice surroundings, it was very hot outside but lovely and cool in the restaurant - food was good cous cous, lamb kebabs, mousaka type food.
La Cantina - pretty good all you could eat. We got there at 7pm with no queue, at 8pm the queue was huge. Very good fajitas and Paella.
Cafe des Cacadeurs- for lunch at the sudios (###### Bar) again fairly good for a burger or hot dog meal.
Annettes Diner before we left - nice food, although my DW was dissapointed there was no singing and dancing as we ate at 6pm before jumping on the train home.

All in all I didn't want to set my expectations to high, as we has visited Disney in Florida before the kids arrived, but I have to say the whole trip was brilliant. All staff I encountered were fantastic taking time to bow to my DD's as they were dressed as princesses. The Santa Fe was perfect as a bse to sleep (only a 10 minute walk if you've got any energy left!)
Food was very good, expensive, but we were expecting that.
And finally the magic is definately as much in Disneyland Paris as Walt Disney World. We are looking at prices for Christmas and we only got home yesterday!
Sorry if its a bit of a ramble, but if anybody has any questions I would be more than happy to help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 10, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi Kevin!

Welcome to The DIBB!

Thanks for your report
Old 5 Sep 10, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for a great trip report Kevin. Glad you had a good time. What were the queue times like when you were there? Thanks.
Old 5 Sep 10, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Queue times were fairly varied. In the Studios Crushs coaster was usually around 60 minutes, Toystory playland was very busy and the Parchute Drop seem to be out of action every now and again resulting in long queues, Slinky Dog about 15 mins, RC Racer about 45 mins. The fying carpets and Cars we went on each and queue again, and back on in 5 mins I think we were lucky with Buzz as went on about 3 times and each about 20/30 mins. Thunder mountain was about 30 mins. Most of fantasy land was attcked in EMH's and Carousel, Dumbo and teacups were all about 5 mins. The longest queue we seemed to have was Autotopia which said 45 mins, but was over an hour.
Old 5 Sep 10, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kevinmc74 View Post
Queue times were fairly varied. In the Studios Crushs coaster was usually around 60 minutes, Toystory playland was very busy and the Parchute Drop seem to be out of action every now and again resulting in long queues, Slinky Dog about 15 mins, RC Racer about 45 mins. The fying carpets and Cars we went on each and queue again, and back on in 5 mins I think we were lucky with Buzz as went on about 3 times and each about 20/30 mins. Thunder mountain was about 30 mins. Most of fantasy land was attcked in EMH's and Carousel, Dumbo and teacups were all about 5 mins. The longest queue we seemed to have was Autotopia which said 45 mins, but was over an hour.
Thanks Kevin. That's really helpful and will assist us greatly when planning our trip to DLP.
Old 5 Sep 10, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Excellent report! Glad you had a good trip and welcome to the Dibb!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 10, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great report, thanks for sharing

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List