Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 05, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Cool OK, so here's my second attempt!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments on my first ever attempt at an Orlando itinerary a couple of weeks ago. After taking careful account of all those comments, also buying the Brit's Guide and using material from there, and making my PS reservations, here's the new (and hopefully improved!) version.

To remind you, we are Me38, DH38, DD10, DS7 and twin DS4s. Any more comments would be very welcome, especially for a few
"question marks" still in the text!

I do realise we're packing it in a bit, but we don't HAVE to do all this - if we find ourselves getting too tired and out of sorts, we'll just juggle it and leave off one of the repeat visits, or whatever.

TIA,
Lesley

Thu 10th March: Fly to Gatwick, make use of Twilight check-in, stay overnight at Travelodge.

Fri 11th: Fly from Gatwick to Orlando, pick up hire car, find villa, unpack, grocery shop, relax and swim in the villa pool.

Sat 12th: Magic Kingdom - preceded by Crystal Palace Character Breakfast at 8:05. We'll either plan to go back to the villa for a few hours in the afternoon, or go home early. Haven't decided which yet, any thoughts welcome. We would love to stay for Wishes at 8 pm, but there's no way the kids would manage all day.

Sun 13th: Epcot - go first thing, again maybe plan to come home for a few hours in the middle of the day, then return and stay for Illuminations at 9 pm.

Mon 14th: Animal Kingdom - go first thing, but it closes at 6 pm, so that gives us an earlier evening.

Tue 15th: Blizzard Beach for part of the day, rest up apart from that. Any comments on whether it's better to go early and come home early afternoon, or to have a more restful morning and go later?

Wed 16th: Disney MGM Studios - we have a 4:20 package reservation at Hollywood & Vine, which I plan to try to change a bit nearer the time to about 5 pm - that way we can take in the Parade at 4 pm and Fantasmic at 7:30 pm. Again - planning to arrive early.

Thu 17th: Island of Adventures

Fri 18th: Universal Studios

Sat 19th: Rest day, but hoping to book the Scooby and Shaggy dinner at the Royal Pacific and possibly see the Mardi Gras afterwards at Universal.

Sun 20th: Either rest up, or take a vote on which Disney park we want to go back to. Sharing a Wishes cruise that evening at 9:15 pm.

Mon 21st: Busch Gardens

Tue 22nd: Seaworld

Wed 23rd: Typhoon Lagoon for part of the day, rest up apart from that. Any comments on whether it's better to go early and come home early afternoon, or to have a more restful morning and go later?

Thu 24th: Either rest up or take a vote on which NON-Disney park we want to go back to.

Fri 25th: Kennedy Space Center

Sat 26th: Wet'N'Wild

Sun 27th: Rest up, or a trip to the beach (but is it going to be horrible trying to travel to the beach on Easter Sunday?)

Mon 28th: Rest up / shopping day.

Tue 29th: Take a vote on non-Disney favourite park to spend the day at.

Wed 30th: Same as yesterday, except it can be either Disney or non-Disney.

Thu 31st: Same as yesterday, except Disney parks only (our 14 day FlexTicket will have run out!), and with Chef Mickey's Character Breakfast at 8:10 am)

Fri 1st: Pack up, make use of the Virgin check-in at DTD, do a little shopping and fly back to Gatwick overnight.

Sat 2nd: Transfer to Heathrow and fly home.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 05, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great, I get there a few days after you!

Christine
Old 22 Jan 05, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

we'r ther just afew days after too, have planned to be at IOA?US on 17th also.

For the water parks I think you're best getting there for opening and leave early or go after 3 for the last few hours...thats waht we do and we seem to miss the worst of the crowds.

I would recommend strollers for your twins, it gives the somewhere to rest when overtired if you're in the parks for a long time.(we still get one sometimes for dd10)

Your plan looks good and doable...where are you staying and are you a teensy bit excited yet?

Janie
Old 22 Jan 05, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Your plans look great, just one thing I can suggest. I'd be tempted to swap your first day to Animal Kingdom as you will be up early the first few days and able to make the opening and its a nice easy park for your first day. That way you can save Magic Kingdom till later on and maybe you will be able to stay later for Wishes.
Old 23 Jan 05, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ceri
Imagineer

ceri's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That looks great just one suggestion, Busch Gardens can be a long day (dependent on traffic) so you may want to consider swapping typhoon lagon and sea world round if your driver is tired the following day
Ceri x
edited to add another suggestion Wet and wild may well be VERY busy on easter saturday as the locals come out to play on weekends

April 2001 Hawthorn Suites LBV,
April 2002 QIP,
Oct 2003 Homewood Suites Universal,
April 2005 Villa Greater Groves,
June 2005 Europa Park Germany,
Sept 2007 Boston, Fort Wilderness Cabin & HRH.
Nov /Dec 2008 HRH, Cypress Point & FW cabins.
Oct 2009 OKW & Boston

Edited at 09:56 AM.
ceri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 05, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I was advised when I first went with a 5 year old that doing Magic Kingdom first can end up with the little ones being disappointed with the likes of Epcot, as obviously this is aimed at an older audience. We did Epcot first, as then they had nothing to compare it with and they enjoyed it. Agree with missing the waterparks at the weekend...we did Wet and Wild once on a saturday and it was packed...you couldn't get into the lazy river! And in the easter hols it might be worse. Don't be alarmed if your youngest get absolutely shattered... mine was falling asleep in his dinner at 7pm at that age and we only made it to see the evening entertainment once. It depends on the stamina of your 4 year olds, but I think it's a good idea to take midday breaks if you plan to go back in the evening... I imagine thats the great thing about being in a villa...you can go back and chill by your own pool while the little ones grab a nap! Hope you have a fantastic time... we will be there from the 26th March, so might bump into you in passing!

Edited at 10:09 AM.
Old 23 Jan 05, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by galaxy

I would recommend strollers for your twins, it gives the somewhere to rest when overtired if you're in the parks for a long time.(we still get one sometimes for dd10)

Your plan looks good and doable...where are you staying and are you a teensy bit excited yet?

Janie
Hi Janie, yes we have strollers in mind. Not sure yet whether to buy cheapie ones when we get there, or just hire them in the parks.

We're staying at a villa in Florida Pines just off Highway 27 - I think it's about 6 miles or so off Disney.

We are getting so excited that the remaining just-under-7-weeks is going to be very hard to manage. LOL!

Lesley
Old 23 Jan 05, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by loadsafairydust
Your plans look great, just one thing I can suggest. I'd be tempted to swap your first day to Animal Kingdom as you will be up early the first few days and able to make the opening and its a nice easy park for your first day. That way you can save Magic Kingdom till later on and maybe you will be able to stay later for Wishes.
Hi, we had thought about Animal Kingdom on the first day, but it's now one of the parks to avoid on a Saturday, apparently (is it the new Early Hour? Not sure).

Lesley
Old 23 Jan 05, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by ceri
That looks great just one suggestion, Busch Gardens can be a long day (dependent on traffic) so you may want to consider swapping typhoon lagon and sea world round if your driver is tired the following day
Ceri x
edited to add another suggestion Wet and wild may well be VERY busy on easter saturday as the locals come out to play on weekends
Thanks Ceri, that's definitely worth considering - we are half tempted to take advantage of the shuttle from Seaworld to Busch, but it seems a shame to waste the flexibility of having the car along. We'll definitely think about having an easier day afterwards, at least as an option.

Our thoughts are that everywhere is going to be very busy on Easter - probably right through from Friday to Monday - would that be right? Any thoughts on where might be LESS busy? (That's why we were doing Kennedy on Friday, and having our beach and shopping days on the Sunday and Monday.)

Lesley
Old 23 Jan 05, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Totally_Angelic
I was advised when I first went with a 5 year old that doing Magic Kingdom first can end up with the little ones being disappointed with the likes of Epcot, as obviously this is aimed at an older audience. We did Epcot first, as then they had nothing to compare it with and they enjoyed it. Hope you have a fantastic time... we will be there from the 26th March, so might bump into you in passing!
Hi, I hadn't thought of the Magic Kingdom setting them up for a disappointment the next day Will have to think about that one.

Thanks!
Lesley
Closed Thread