Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 05, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Pre-Itinerary Plan

Hello

In preparation for my itinerary I am trying to guess how many days we will need in each park.

With the help of a few books (Unoffical Guide and a Brits Guide) I have come up with the following, however I would really appreciate you opinions or suggestions:

Magic Kingdom - 2 days
Epcot - 2 days
Animal Kingdom - 1 day
MGM studios - 1 day

Islands of Adventure - 2 days
Universal Studios - 1 day

Blizzard Beach - 1 day
Typhoon Lagoon - 1 day
Wet N Wild - 1 day

If we do the above number of days, we will still have another 3 full days left.

Do you think that we would want a repeat visit to any of the water parks?

It will be me, DH, DD (9) and DS (6).

Thanks
Trish
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 05, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I would think 2 days in MK, even with the ages of your children would be too much - it's a great park for really young one's, but I think you may get bored with two full days.

I notice that you havn't got SeaWorld in - I think this would be a mistake if you don't go - the interaction with the dolphins and the stingrays would be great for all of you - and there's so much to do here. It's a nice relaxing day too, away from the big crowds.

The water parks are normally half day's - pay a repeat visit to any that take your fancy.

When you do Epcot (with smaller children) don't forget to get the Child's Passports and get them involved with the Kidcot Stops in each country - they can make masks and collect stamps etc. It will keep them amused while you spend a bit of "adult" time browsing round the shops - it's fantastic in World Showcase, but only if you're prepared to take a bit of time discoving things. Some people think it's rubbish, but they're usually the one's that just gallop around missing everything. Don't miss the fireworks.

Day's off can be spent re-charging those aching feet, and a little bit of shopping, a game of pirate golf or relaxing by the hotel pool.
Don't forget, you will be walking about 7 miles in each park, so you MUST go at the pace of the youngest member.

Try visiting some of the other Disney Resort Hotels too - you don't have to be staying on-site, and seeing some of those is fabulous.

Ask away with any other questions - when are you going ?

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 05, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks Steve, that was really helpful. A bit of a typo, Seaworld should have been on our list as both of the kids are into animals in a big way, especially DD.

We are staying off site, a villa at Lindfields. We will be there from the 3rd April. From what I have read, although it will be busy, it will not be anywhere near as busy as the summer months.

Again thanks for the advice, although I am surprised that you think 1 day at MK will be enough? I have heard the same about epcot, but we intend to take our time going round. I am already looking forward to the fireworks in Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Trish
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 05, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Definately include Seaworld or Discovery Cove and a shopping day. Depending on the tickets you buy you can hop between more than one park in a day, so maybe you can do a half day at a water park and then a half day at another Disney park.
You will have a fabulous time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 05, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
PLease could i have more info on the kidcot what ages it is good for and where i sort it out.
is this new.
cheers rachel.
Old 15 Jun 05, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes I agree with steve (mapman) the water parks can be half days and will free up the late afternoon/evening for a visit to Downtown Disney, evening at a park or Shopping.

Downtown Disney is worth a visit even for a few hours for some Disney shopping and a meal. Disney Quest is also very good and may be included in your ticket.

Epcot is a great park but could be a little boring around the showcase for little ones, mapmans suggestion for the passports is a great idea, this kept my youngest DS busy, the kids get a stick or mask, they have to find the passport person in each country and get their stick or mask stamped with the official country stamp and a special tag.
Old 15 Jun 05, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Youve pratically got my itenary there. Except we normally do an extra day at Blizzard Beach.
Seaworld really is a must and Busch Gardens is good if you have the time
Old 15 Jun 05, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread