Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 10, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Returning TV recorded delivery HELP!

Ordered a TV from Amazon in August and it's developed a fault. They have just emailed to say that they are sending a new one out first class.

I have to return the faulty TV and they say that they recommend using a recorded delivery service to return the item. Does this mean just going into the post office with the TV? It's pretty heavy

Or are there other companies that I can contact, places like DHL, to pick up the item? Never returned anything so big before.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I ask how big this TV is? I can't see the Post Office accepting some 35 inch HD ready LED flat screen and certainly not by recorded delivery. Recorded Delivery is only intended for documents NOT valuables - Iastonished that Amazon would even say that - you should always use SPECIAL DELIVERY - minimum compensation would be £500.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

It's 32in. Their wording is: "we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service since the value of the item is more than 50 GBP"

I had a look on the RM website and it takes parcels as long as they are not longer than 3m! They automatically insure up to a certain amount and you can add on insurance to £500.

However, I don't really want to be carrying it to a post office if anyone knows other options.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
streamlines
VIP Dibber

we use myhermes.co.uk for sending out parcels of ebay stuff. as they will collect from the house, and are cheeper than RM.

2005 Sept- First Trip to WDW, Dec - First Trip to DLP
2008 Jan - Goofy Challenge at WDW (Poly), Jun - Solo Trip WDW, Nov - Hong Kong Disneyland
2009 May - 1 Day at DLR, Dec - Mousemeets DLP (Newport Bay)
2010 June - The Big 40 in WDW (Beach Club) CANCELLED , Dec - WDW Oh we needed this
2011 April - Dad's Funeral Aug - D23 Expo
2012 June - The "Work" trip to WDW.
2013 May - California First Class
2014 Oct - Cruising the Caribbean
2015 Jun - Pinning for the Fjords
streamlines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I would use use a courier service. They'll collect from your house - go to the Parcel Force site.

parcelforce/portal/pw

Amazon said use A recorded delivery service - not the Post Office recorded delivery service. I think they mean a service than can be tracked and traced.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

Are Amazon paying for the delivery? Or is it out of your own pocket? When I had to send my laptop back a few years ago I'm sure they sent a courier.
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We had a 50" TV from them in the summer amd it was faulty from the start, rang them up and they arranged collection. Had to have my money back as they hadn't anymore in stock and was quite a bad experience [going through the process...faulty or had i done something wrong? ring amazon, ring sony, back to amazon etc etc] Really put me off ordering large items from them.

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 10, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Yes, they just said A service - it was me wondering if I had to go into the PO, as I wasn't sure of the best way.

I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they can send a courier. They said that they will meet all costs associated with posting it back. Not my fault it's faulty though and a lot more convenient if they can get someone to pick it up.

Failing that I'll have a look on the Parcel Force website. Thanks again.

Old 1 Dec 10, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
We had a 50" TV from them in the summer amd it was faulty from the start, rang them up and they arranged collection. Had to have my money back as they hadn't anymore in stock and was quite a bad experience [going through the process...faulty or had i done something wrong? ring amazon, ring sony, back to amazon etc etc] Really put me off ordering large items from them.
Yeah, they initially told me to contact the manufacturer, but I emailed them back and said my contract is with them as the trader and I use them for ease (buy loads from them) so I don't have to deal with manufacturer.

Old 1 Dec 10, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I always use parcel2go which are the cheapest courier I have found, I normally use the DHL service which will be fine for that TV. They collect from your house, book and pay online.

Due to the weather all companies may not be able to collect for a few days, I'm still missing deliveries due monday.
Closed Thread