Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Dec 10, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Has anyone had enough of christmas shopping?

I have had enough, My dd has a hospital appointment so we are poping in to our local shopping centre to get her hair cut and get her some party shoes but as for shopping we are nearly done and I have had enough! I have been pushed by an old lady in m and s and I was having a conversation with head office and she cut the phone off, apparently she is known as a trouble maker by the staff! I have queued for ages in shops and tescos on Saturday was packed solid we were fighting for space to move! My dh wants to buy a new tv and I have told him he can go on his own! Does anyone else feel like me I have all the wrapping to do and I cannot be bothered! Roll on summer
Old 5 Dec 10, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Because I'm working over Christmas apart from the 25th we have to have everything ready in advance as this year's visit with presents for the family was last week. All cards were written and posted by 1st December. I can't abide the shops in December - all those manic queues. We buy gifts throughout the year and particularly when on holiday in America. That way it spreads the cost. It's bad enough I have to queue 15 minutes in M&S for my lunch sandwich. The thought of standing over 30 minutes to get some half priced bit of last minute tat just isn't me.
Even the duck for Christmas Day was organised back at the beginning of November.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 10, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I'm sitting in MCO airport ready to go through security. I can honestly say i've enjoyed every minute of my Christmas shopping - I'm bringing home 2 suitcases, one of which is overweight and I've had to pay $50 for it (worth every penny!).

Just got to unpack it all, and then wrap it (I love that part too).

Linda xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 10, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Well we are mostly sorted but Its been a hard slog and loads of things were bought on line and delivered, I am all shopped out need some relaxing time I will wrap 5 presents a day till I get it done. It doesnt help that i have dhs birthday today, my brothers tomorrow , ,my sisters next sunday, my ds on the 1st Jan!
Old 6 Dec 10, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I havent dont any yet I cant even cope with the usual weekly food shop at the moment never mind Christmas shopping. So glad I get to do mine in Florida where its way less rushed and frantic. Good luck to those of you who still have to finish yours

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 10, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I love Christmas shopping, but supermarkets drive me mad at this time of year! I'm not a fan of supermarkets at the best of times, but at Christmas they're just horrible!

But shopping centres and town centres I love at Christmas, I get all excited! We went to the Trafford Centre yesterday, I love their decorations and the brass band was playing carols near Boots...it was lovely and festive. We found what we wanted without too much hassle, had a nice lunch, and stopped for a gingerbread latter before heading home - it was a nice way to spend a Sunday really!

Wrapping - well, DF wraps as he's better at it than me - I'm in charge of cards, writing labels, and curling ribbon! We normally do it all in one night with a festive movie and a bottle of wine.
Old 6 Dec 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Well went into our local centre and got dds hair cut and some pink sparkly shoes for her and am just about finished, it was great in the morning but mental in the afternoon so if i need any last minute bits I will be heading off early!
Old 6 Dec 10, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I have had enough o the crowds,people walking in front of wheelchair and pushing in. Thankfully only 2 gifts to get. I have also told dh I am not going to a supermarket until the New Year and will only be doing Online food shopping.
Old 6 Dec 10, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Having worked in retail for over 4 years (finally escaping in January this year) I avoid the shops at all costs at Christmas! I love doing my Christmas shopping online, most times it's cheaper and you don't have to deal with arrogant people! I'm essentially finished my shopping and will be more than happy to not set foot in a shop until mid January!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 10, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread