Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 10, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
microwavable cuddly toys!

I was thinking of getting dd one for christmas and I was wondering who sells good ones and when I told my mum she had a fit and told me how dangerous they are! Has anyone bought any of the cuddly ones you heat up in the microwave and can they cause burns , if so then I dont want one! I thought it was nice little extra pressie for dd but now I am not sure. Any help would be good!
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I've got a microwaveable giraffe - sounds so wrong! It's really good, there's a lavender wheat sack inside him which you take out and microwave for a few minutes, then put it back inside him. The heat is gentle and definately wouldn't burn. I can put the wheat pack directly on my skin and it's only then slightly uncomfortable, with all the padding of the giraffe it's ok.

find-me-a-gift/imag...ffe-arc026.jpg
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I cant imagine they can burn unless you overheat it. Even then, Im sure they are well insulated.
Our TK Maxx had loads of nice ones the other day.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We have a bear one. Just take out the wheat sack heat in microwave put back in teddy & its really cosy, definitly does not burn. x
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

I think if there was any risk there would be somethig on the internet and I cannot find anything.

As long as you only heat it as directed, you should be fine.
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
My children have had them for years and yes! They're still alive!

We've got monkeys and elephants at the moment from Dunelm Mill but we've had from Boots and Superdrug in the past

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I've got mine here right now . Debenhams sell them , mines has the wheat and lavendar pack inside , the maximum time is a minute in microwave and once you put it back into the little dog/whatever it's really not too hot so no danger if you stick to the one minute.
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I am not sure now, there was an article in the daily telegraph that if you over heat them there is a risk of fire. I dont know how to post links but if you google it it comes up!
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Dont overheat them then
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 10, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12