Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Dec 10, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Warning anyone waiting for a DHL parcel?

Just a note to say that on Monday we had a parcel delivered (bike for dd xmas) to our neigbour. We had been out in the morning as it was dd's birthday (close to xmas...nightmare), came back checked status online and it said 'left with neigbour' and some random name I did not recognise... no house number to help us! No card had been left... dh had to knock on doors all down the street (not good, lots of frightened old people in our street)... we eventually found it. So if you're awaiting a parcel... don't count on a card being left and keep checking online.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

My friend had a nintendo dsi delivered by them the other day, they left it on her patio table in the back garden, when she returned it was gone, her house backs on to a wooded area where people walk their dogs. She rang them straight away and found that the delivery driver had signed for the parcel himself so he wouldn't have to come back, dhl replaced the nintendo and the driver probably got a severe telling off
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

thats shocking... I should add they left a box of UGG boots in my porch way back in November! I'm a fron of road type cottage style house, not a main road but that's not the point. I was lucky that no-one stole them.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well Im not own my own then ?
I ordered a M&S hamper for my in-laws for Christmas weeks ago,I tracked it on line said it had been delivered and signed for,I was in all that day,no card was left,M&S contacted DHL who couldnt give them the number house they left it at ? I live in a small cul-de-sac and no one has the surname that was signed for ? I had to re-order but still havent received the hamper,just hoping it gets here before Christmas.
My neighbour ordered from the disneystore got home to find her parcel left on the front path in full view of everyone,she contacted DHL found out the driver signed for it himself
What terrible service
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

I hope they don't let the drivers get away with signing for the things themselves. That's absolutely ridiculous
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Well Im not own my own then ?
I ordered a M&S hamper for my in-laws for Christmas weeks ago,I tracked it on line said it had been delivered and signed for,I was in all that day,no card was left,M&S contacted DHL who couldnt give them the number house they left it at ? I live in a small cul-de-sac and no one has the surname that was signed for ? I had to re-order but still havent received the hamper,just hoping it gets here before Christmas.
My neighbour ordered from the disneystore got home to find her parcel left on the front path in full view of everyone,she contacted DHL found out the driver signed for it himself
What terrible service
I'm waiting on a disneystore parcel too... it says 'out for delivery' on the tracking site... lord only knows what that means.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Old 22 Dec 10, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I used to work in the parcel industry for 15 years (office based rather than a driver) and all I can say is this time of year is manic!

However... the company I worked for would not allow the driver to leave goods with a neighbour or in someone's porch etc unless it clearly say's so on the instructions.

What we used to do was go to the address on the first attempt, if no-one was in then the driver would put a card through their door with a number to phone to arrange another delivery date. If they didn't phone by 7pm that night the driver would attempt the address again the following day. If again no-one was in they would then put another card through their door saying they had to collect the parcel from our depot or it would be returned to sender after 7 days.

If any of our drivers dared to leave with a neighbour or on someone's property and got caught then they faced getting sacked (unless of course it says on the delivery instuctions it was ok to do this)

The only way a driver is allowed to sign for the parcel himself is if the instructions says something like (can be left at back door), then the driver will do this and put his name against it as every delivery must have a signature against it for it to be input into the computer system as it being delivered.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I'm waiting on a disneystore parcel too... it says 'out for delivery' on the tracking site... lord only knows what that means.
We came home after 2 weeks in Florida-yesterday to find a note to say 'left in Blue wheelie bin' Good job it was after our neighbour put them out last week -what a stupid thing to do
Good luck hope all your parcels arrive soon
Barbara
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 10, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Years ago back when people still had coal fires, I was filling the pail and came across a parcel containing baby clothes I had ordered. The delivery man must have left it in there as a safe place then the coal man had filled it up. No note or anything. By the time I found it we had already had a new order sent out.
Old 22 Dec 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN! (in capitals because I'm shouting!) I've been in all morning and they've taken it to the same neighbour down the road!... No card AGAIN. They did put the house number online this time at least but.. . I've been to their door but they're not answering... probably afraid it'll be another of my parcels!
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Closed Thread