Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 10, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Costco ... is it worth joining?

We have found out that DH is eligible to join Costco, do you get some good bargains or are the prices similar to the main supermarkets. I am planning on going once a month and doing a big shop and then it will just be fresh stuff I will need to get on a weekly basis. So what do you get from Costco?
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We joined 3 years ago now and haven't looked back. We generally get fresh chickens, meat, butter, cheese, cream, canned drinks, bottled drinks like J2O, dog food and treats there. They also sell electrical goods too which you can get a little cheaper. Once you've made a few visits and bought a few trays of canned drinks it pays for itself
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We get Cakes, sweets, pop, dog food, toiletries (in large packs) cleaning stuff, teabags, loads of things. The meat is good from there, and there birthday cakes £11.99 for the biggest birthday cake ever and taste great.

We have lunch there with a jacket potatoe with filling costing £1.25 and a cup of tea
50p, also free fizzy drink refills.

I love Costco its just finding somewhere to put it all at home.
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I belong to Costco and there are some good bargains, especially when buying in bulk. There is stuff there you don't see anywhere else, the only thing is the temptation to buy other things. I've known us come out with £100 bill and then we don't seem to have much in the way of food
I limit our visits to every couple of months now.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I belong to Costco and there are some good bargains, especially when buying in bulk. There is stuff there you don't see anywhere else, the only thing is the temptation to buy other things. I've known us come out with £100 bill and then we don't seem to have much in the way of food
I limit our visits to every couple of months now.
I have stopped going because it always costs me more than i intended..i do love it though
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

we have been members for many years and LOVE IT but its false economy as you end up spending far more than you intended, we will pop in over the weekend for school pack lunch bits and cleaning stuff.
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Allan
Excited about Disney

Costco is great, just spend too much each time we go. Have had some good bargains on electrical items such as TVs and cameras also bought a washing machine elsewhere then found I could have got it cheaper in Costco. I buy all my work shirts from Costco and we all have their own make duvets which are very light and warm. There are also a lot of food items you can't get anywhere else.
Allan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

We love Costco, and go too often.
I usually stock up on meat, milk, butter, cheese, hash browns, tortilla wraps/pitta bread, pineapples as they are insanely big, caster sugar.

I have been known to bring home the apple pies, carrot cake, choc fudge cake and had a few Birthday cakes as well.

I have also bought electrical items ie, TV, steam cleaner, vac.
They do free eye testing.
I have also ordered photos to pick up in store.

We always have a slice or two of pizza, at £1.50 for a big slice it would be rude not to. Fruit Sundaes go down nice as well.

The other bonus is you can use your card in Orlando.

There's nothing else I can think of, so sign up and enjoy.
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nirvana
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I love costco, go once a month and get the list below (although not everything every month):

fresh meat (chicken and beef to freeze) btw the chicken breasts arent pumped full of water
toilet rolls
kitchen rolls
kitchen foil
dishwasher tabs
bleach and dettol spray
eggs
tinned stuff (beans, rice pudding etc)
pepsi and bottled water
frozen stuff (fish, chicken tenders)
Cheese (every type you can imagine)
Mashed potato (american style)
Coffee
Tea bags
Condiments (HP, ketchup, salad dressings (Ranch))
Now and again fresh duck and fish and steak (good value compared to supermarket prices)

Every couple of months I get a voucher book in the post and its worth knowing eye tests are free at the moment.
6th/7th/8th: Glenbrook Villas 2010, 2012, 2016
9th: LA & Yosemite & SF & Orlando August 2019
Nirvana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 10, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Just been there tonight (still no Krusteaz )
Their steak is good, personalised (huge) birthday cakes for £11.99, bread & milk is cheap & I boughta whole crispy duck & pancakes for £5.99
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread