VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Early 18th Birthday present pre-trippy

THE STORY:

I've been to DLP 5 times before, in October 2002, April 2003, October 2003, October 2004 and October 2005. After that, starting in 2006 it was HHN and Bill & Ted all the way!
However, during that almost 6 years, I felt something deep inside me, a part that felt empty.
During this time, friends and family went on holidays and school trips, came back with stories of Disneyland Paris-The Main Street USA, Fanstasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland, Discoveryland and the Walt Disney Studios.
I yearned to go back to the place where at a the ripe old age of 9-I caught...The Disney Bug!
For years I begged and pleaded to my mother to go, each time, she said 'no, it costs the same to go to Disney World as it does Disneyland' and by 2008, I'd abandoned all hopes of going before the age of 18-but still never gave up, just incase that little Disney miracle happened.
Then, in early 2009, I found out my dad may become redundant! It looked like my Disney dreams were lost forever... When out of the blue came...A 3 week holiday to Orlando and as a present for getting 7 C grades in my GCSE's came a 10 day trip to Orlando-just 3 short months after! To cap it all off, my dad was the only person who applied for his job, so he was able to keep his job and we went to Orlando in October-threatned only by 3 U grades in my AS Levels-Life couldn't have been sweeter!
I never stopped asking aboout Disneyland, and for my mum to do a coach trip there-like previous times. As it was too expensive, my mum decided to go to Orlando, and the dream of ever going to Disneyland berfore my 18th birthday died completely...
Or so I thought. My aunt went to Disneyland in October, and brought back some park maps, itineraries and chocolate chip cookies-yum -and as I was showing my mother the park maps and comparing it to 2002, she said 'you got me wanting to go to Disneyland Paris now! Go ask your dad if he'll loan us the money to go.' I did so, and as the flame of my dream grew, the topic was dropped for about 2 weeks...My mum made a promise to me a few days ago that she'd take me to Disneyland before my 18th birthday! The flame grew stronger! We went to travel agents, the flame grew even stronger and I could hardly contain my excitement-considering the dates my mum ahd chosen were in early April! And as she looked on the internet today-7th Feb 2011-I was watching MythBusters. She said 'aw Sach, I can't get a holiday for our budget, wanna go see a show in London again instead?' I was crushed, but at that moment on MythBusters, Jamie hurt himself-that's all I ever want from MythBusters, is for one of them to hurt themselves-and one of my dreams came true, so the moment wasn't as soul-crushing as it should have been.
I went to my room to get ready for karate at 7 o clock. It came ten to, then five to, then seven-I wondered what she was doing-then five past and at ten past, I went to the living room and my mother said 'well, we're booked to go to Disneyland Paris for the 6th April!' and as of now, the flame has never been more alive! Because I'm fulfilling my dream! I'm going to Disneyland Paris before I'm legally an adult! My little Disney Miracle has-at long last-happened!

THE CAST:

Me-17 year old slacker with an obsession with all things Disney. My hero and major inspiration is Walt Disney and I'm currently on my second try in year 12 studying Biology and Health & Social and soon to be Brown Belt in karate. Disneyland Paris will be my third holiday in 2011.

My Mum Erica-52 year old university student of the subject of Psychology. Getting bored of Orlando (how? ! ) and looking to open new doors. Hero and inspiration is John Lennon and is currently a green belt in karate. Disneyland will be her second holiday in 2011.

THE PLAN:
Spend 2 and a half days in the Disneyland Park and 1 and a half days in the Walt Disney Studios and staying in the Hotel Santa Fe for 3 nights with a 4 day pass. There isn't really a bigger plan than that-sorry to disappoint.

Edited at 12:23 AM. Reason: typo
Junogirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 11, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Happy for you Sacha, see dreams and plans do come true
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 11, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Awww Sacha what a lovely story and great, happy ending. So glad you're getting to go before it is 'too late'. Well done with your GCSE results too. Really enjoyed reading your pre-trippy and looking forward to hearing about your special holiday.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 11, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Never too late or too old for Disney!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List