Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 05, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

California holiday and regrets?

Hi all, I am going on holiday to Southern California in 20 days time (Newport Beach & San Diego) but can't stop thinking about Orlando and wishing we were going there instead! I know this holiday will be completely different and I am excited in respect of going on holiday to America again and seeing the original Disneyland etc but I just keep seeing myself at MGM and walking down I Drive and IOA and the wonderful heat (will miss this a lot although I believe it will be in the 70's down the west coast), also the only Disneyland forum I have been able to find is predominately used by Americans, a lot of whom are local to the area and talk about gang violence and extreme traffic (don't travel during the hours of 8am and 11am & 2pm and 10pm etc, errrr how are we going to get anywhere!), it all just seems so unsafe & strange compared to Orlando!

Am I just being stupid or just an Orlandoaholic!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 05, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

You are just a Orlandoaholic.

Newport beach is lovely and San Diego is awsome especially if you go near the naval base... Massive aircraft carriers

Having lived in Long Beach Claifornia for a few years know that It was generally safe as it is in Orlando and both Florida and California are not without their own problems, but I suppose you could say the same thing about London, Manchester and Sheffield

The same thing applies Common sense and being aware of your surroundings.

We have since been back to California twice and whilst we have to be biased and say Orlando everytime!

You will enjoy it!
Old 7 Apr 05, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been to So Cal twice and loved it both times. We're planning to go by to California August 2006 and hope to spend a few days around LA. We didn't feel at all threatened in any of the areas we visited (Disneyland, Hollywood, Universal City, Newport/Laguna Beach).

Don't forget, Orlando will still be there when you next want to visit!

Regards

Rob
Old 7 Apr 05, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, told u I was being stupid, I will most doubt love it!
Old 7 Apr 05, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been to California a couple of times over the last few years, and this year we are back in Florida for the first time in three years.

I love both areas, but they are totally different. We decided that we needed to start breaking up visits to Orlando to allow for new rides and so we appreciate it more.

You will have a great time. In a way, I wish I was going back to California/Arizona/Nevada this year - so it works both ways.
Old 7 Apr 05, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LargerBaloo
Imagineer

LargerBaloo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You will love it. We went and took in Anaheim, San Diego, Hollywood, Beverley Hills, Santa Monica etc etc. So much to see and do.

As stated above we never felt threatened anywhere other than when we went to Tijuana and I nearly came to blows with a rather rude Mexican.

Our hotel in Anahein was right opposite disney and the place really reminded me of Orlando, very similar feel to the place.

As for missing Orlando you can still get your theme park fix here if you so desire. You have 2 disney parks, Universal, San Diego has a sea world and then if you dont mind an hours drive you should check out Six Flags. Six flags has some Awesome rollercoasters including the BEST one i have ever been on ANYWHERE (and i have been on coasters the world over) called X, the worlds first 4D rollercoaster. You also have a STAND UP rollercoaster :-)

We are going to Orlando at Christmas time this year but next year I will probabaly head back to the west coast and do Cali again.
LargerBaloo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 05, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all I am now a lot more excited!

LargerBaloo, we are planning on a trip to Magic Mountain as I am a massive coaster fan and this place has always been on my list to visit since I was a kid :-)
Old 7 Apr 05, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LargerBaloo
Imagineer

LargerBaloo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You will love it then. I got off X and could feel the GRIN plastered across my face. Have you seen X on the TV at all?
LargerBaloo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 05, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Never took the time to go to Six Flags - but always wished we had. Maybe next time.

I hadnt heard about X so just had a look on the net about it. It looks fantastic.
Old 7 Apr 05, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I've seen a few photos of it, looks amazing, also seen the Superman Escape ride which also looks fantastic! Heard the queues are something else though? We are going on the 5th May which is the day Disneyland starts it's 50th celebrations so hoping that might take the queues away!
Closed Thread