Notices

Old 5 Sep 11, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

California Dreaming Sept 2012!

As we're all booked I thought I'd do a pre trip report to see if I can get some advice/opinions please!

Once we have a plan I'll update :-)

We're not driving at all -we'll be using public transport all the way!

We fly out from Heathrow - I gather with Virgin it is terminal 3 you fly to San Francisco? What are the best hotels to stay at?

We're staying at San Francisco for 3 nights at Union Square - in this time we aim to do the golden gate bridge, alcatraz, fishermans wharf, pier 39, ghirardelli square and walt disney museum.

From here we fly to los angeles - we're staying for 5 nights - in the Hollywood Roosevelt - have we possibly booked the most expensive hotel in Hollywood?!?! Are there any beaches close by Hollywood?
Whilst in Hollywood we plan to do Universal Studios, Disneys Soda Fountain, Hollywood Homes tour, Walk of Fame, Six Flags, Hollywood Horror Night at Universal, the film studio tour. We plan to go to Rodeo Drive - is this easy to get to? Santa Monica/Santa Monica pier - is this easy to get to?

From here we go to Anaheim where we are staying for 7 nights - we plan to get a 5 day Disney pass and also do Knotts Berry Farm. We will then fly back to Heathrow from LAX.

Is there any other points of interest we've missed?

We understand it will be Canadian thanksgiving/Colombus day while we're out there - has anyone been during this time? Our dates are Sept 26th 2012 until 12th October 2012.

Thanks for reading

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 11, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Eek it's exactly one year today! :-D
Old 26 Sep 11, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lou2972
Excited about Disney

Sounds great but book Alcatraz early from UK as sells out very fast and is a fab experience.take warmer clothes for san Fran as can be sooo much colder than the rest of la.I had to buy a hoody and coat once in June !
lou2972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post

What the above poster said. San Francisco can be freezing! Late September/October is meant to be the best month for weather there though.

Do the Alcatraz night tour. It's brilliant and quite spooky at points.
Old 27 Sep 11, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh Charlene I have about 1000 stupid questions to ask you. Ill message you on facebook if you dont mind? xxx
Old 27 Sep 11, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Book the Walt Disney Family Museum too because they are timed tickets. Book online at:
secure4.gatewayticketing...=WDFMWS&C=TKTS You can print off your e-tickets. It's fascinating because you'll see many personal items that have never been on public display before.
Deffo book early for Alcatraz tours.
Beaches from Hollywood are about a half hour drive (Venice Beach) but in rush hour that could take you two hours!

Missed any points of interest? ... LOADS!

Have a read at CA trip (link below) and even we didn't cover everything.

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Old 3 Oct 11, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney_Dolly View Post
Oh Charlene I have about 1000 stupid questions to ask you. Ill message you on facebook if you dont mind? xxx
Of course, if I can help I will - if not I'll ask ben lol xx oh and no question is stupid :-)
Old 3 Oct 11, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, noted! Once the holiday is paid off we will get tickets :-) Loved your trippie Geoffa!
Old 26 Dec 11, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

So we've now ordered our tickets - 7 day go la to cover knotts berry and 5 day park hopper tickets for Disney :-) Will do Estas, Alcatraz tickets and Walt disney family museum tickets in the new year :-)
Old 26 Dec 11, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Only just caught this thread - I know it may be a bit too late - but I'm not sure that you will need 5 days at Disney. 3 will usually cover it - so with 5 you can explore every nook and cranny!

Also - most of the places you want to go to in SF are in the Fisherman's Wharf area - perhaps it would have been better transport wise to stay there?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List