Notices

Old 22 Sep 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Talking Far too excited! May 2012

The cast

Me Katie 23 (24 in May) likes Donald, Minnie, salt popcorn, Radley, Harry Potter, perfume, pink, glitter and Kindling.

DBF David 28 (29 in May) likes Eeyore, Tower of Terror, Lost, Chicken Nuggets, Vinylmation, pins and milkshakes.

We also like Rex, Hamm, baked goods, ice cream and anything Disneyish.

Previous Trips

We had both been to Florida once before but went for the first time together in May 2010. We spent 10 nights on International Drive at the Sheraton Four Points and it was fantastic. We visited the four main Disney parks, both Universal parks and Seaworld. The hotel was fine, a great location for all that I Drive has to offer and provided free shuttles to the parks but the last bus from Disney was before Wishes and Fantasmic

We returned to Florida May 2011 – this time determined to partake in evening activities and be able to do early ADRs. We stayed at Four Points for the first 6 nights and went to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and then on to Port Orleans French Quarter for the next 6 nights with Disney Dining Plan.

Staying at Disney was great – we could do early morning character breakfasts and stay out till the parks closed plus we got TOWEL ANIMALS!

Because I’m the most awesome girlfriend ever, I took David to Paris for his 27th birthday (20th January). We stayed for 3 nights Weds – Sat and it was cold! We had a fantastic time despite the weather and relied on hot chocolate in souvenir mugs. We stayed at Hotel Santa Fe in a Cars themed room and it was perfect for us as we only used the room for sleeping and watching the Disney Channel before sleeping. We loved the fact that the parks were only a 20 minute walk away – we used the bus to get to the hotel when we arrived but didn’t like it as it meant going on real roads and leaving the Disney bubble.

The other brilliant thing about Paris is that I don’t have to let the air out of my balloon before I come home! My Minnie balloon got weird looks on the London Underground and got a bit stuck going through the bag x-ray machine in Lille but it was worth it as she survived for weeks in my living room.

I had good intentions of doing trip reports for all 3 holidays but failed. :pop:

Back to the Future

We are currently saving to buy a house so knew that we would have to cross our fingers for a cheap last minute deal to Florida and do a budget trip. The worry was that if we didn’t manage to get a good last minute deal we wouldn’t get to go and a whole year of no Disney trip is unacceptable. So I decided to look at Eurostar prices and managed to get direct tickets to Disney for both of us for £135 which seems pretty excellent to me! We discussed it and decided that we would rather do a few days in Paris eating where we want and buying what we want rather than spend 14 days in Florida worrying over every purchase and whether or not we can afford to eat every day. SO I BOOKED IT Mon May 7th – Fri May 11th 2012.

Booking the hotel etc direct with Disney is currently £530 for 4 nights which is fine but I haven’t booked yet as I’m waiting to see if there are any deals. Advice appreciated – do you think the price will go up or down? I’m not a good gambler – I get worried. It’s more than I paid in January but I expect that and hope it will be slightly warmer for my money!

Of course the best bit about knowing where I’m going next year is that I get to PLAN! I do like to plan ^_^

Apologies for the copious amounts of giant photos - its 3 x failed trip reports energy breaking out!
PenguinPatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

hey I'm going in May 2012 too! but slightly later 14-17th. Ive booked mine and my boyfriend's eurostars, but am going to wait out the 15% offer, because I'm pretty sure they'll be a better deal just around the corner!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 11, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

As much as I loved my birthday at Disneyland Paris, I'm looking forward to going this time without living in fear of that ridiculously loud BIRTHDAY! song they play in the restaurant ..
Old 11 Oct 11, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Update

I keep checking the prices on the Disney Paris website but no changes yet! The more I check it the more tempted I am just to pay the £530 but it might get cheaper which leaves me more money to spend on cute fluffy souvenirs.. decisions decisions!

We have booked Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge for the night before for £23.50. The reviews arent great but hopefully it wont be too hideous - just want a bed for the night really and if its bad it will make the Santa Fe seem like the Ritz

Which means I "need" to plan a day in London too! Considering the new Harry Potter tour or seeing a show and probably a cinnabon

2.5 weeks till Disney on Ice at Wembley yay so excited to see cars skate
PenguinPatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you phone Disney Central Reservations (see sticky) to book, they will advise you on the cheapest price. You can pay a deposit then pay the balance later. If an offer then comes out, you can phone up again and upgrade, I believe (never done it but seen lots of threads where people have).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 11, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

love the fact you are doing a pre trip for may already we are going in March and I am holding off till after xmas to start mine as I know I will get too excited lol!
Old 8 Dec 11, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

It's never too early to start planning! I've already started planning Orlando 2013
Old 5 Jan 12, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
love this! we stayed in the santa fe in 2009 and it was great. just what we needed! we are off in 3 weeks but staying at the cheyenne cause it was actually cheaper! we got it in a flash sale in december but i don't know how often they do sales like that!
Old 7 Jan 12, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Fabulous pre-trippie! I cracked up at your description of the Minnie balloon on the underground as I did exactly the same and got many weird looks, there was no way I was deflating her!

We stayed at the Santa Fe in 2010 and loved it so hopefully you will too We're going in March, also travelling up to London the night before so I'm currently planning activities for that day too, Cinnabon sounds like a great shout!

Have you booked your accom yet? xxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 12, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the replies girls

Well the prices have gone up.. why didnt you all tell me to book it in September?!?! Obviously we can still afford to go just dont feel like we have much to lose by waiting and seeing if they come back but could all go very wrong for me! Cardboard box outside Cafe Mickey sounds cosy

I have booked the Potter tour for the weekend before we go so excited about that too