Notices

Old 22 Oct 11, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking Littley goes Mouse Hunting - Pre-trip report

Well my dear Dibbers, you have enjoyed / endured (*delete as applicable) my endless questions and borderline hysterical posts about this trip and now it is time for the pre-trip report.

The background:
To say I had a rough few years would be something of an understatement. I don't need to go into detail as the majority of Dibbers will remember my "full board stay chez Antrim Area hospital" which was the highlight of my disasterous run. However things took a miraculous turn for the better in the summer of 2010 when I discovered that my ultimate dream was going to come true. No, I was not going to grow my own Mouse ears but I was going to be a mummy.

The planning for this trip was in progress before my bump had started to show. We are booked to go to WDW next September but I simply cannot wait that long to introduce my darling daughter to the Mouse and the rest of the family seemed to be perfectly happy to oblige. The prospect of walking down Main Street with my precious girl makes me incredibly emotional.

The cast:
Me (aka Mummy) - 37
Chief planner, Mouse-obsessed, Coming to get you Minnie, ready or not!
My mum (aka Nana) - 66
Doesn't too twirly, spinny, shake you around rides and therefore likely to be found on Peter Pan. Somewhat devestated that It's a Small World is due to be closed during our trip
My dad (aka Grandpa) - 65
Big kid, will ride most things although pretends this is only to keep others company. Utterly devoted to his granddaughter and likely to be responsible for innocent bystanders being knocked over in a bid to share a Dumbo with Littley.
My sister (aka Aunty Donna) - 33
Loves Disney, thrilled at having an excuse to ride everything in Fantasyland. Has already been volunteered for the Tea Cups.
Ariana (aka Littley) - 9 months
My darling daughter, insanely cheerful, won't have a clue what's going on but will have a blast anyway. This child is more Minnie than the mouse herself!
See avatar!

The plan:
We are travelling to London the day before so that we can take the direct Eurostar on the Monday morning. We leave Cardiff around 2pm on Sunday afternoon and take the train to Paddington then the Underground across to St Pancras where we will check in at the Premier Inn. If it's not too late we will head out and grab some food but if we are delayed and it's cold and dark then I will want to get Littley ready for bed.

Mon - We will head straight to St Pancras for check in at Eurostar (09:44 direct service to DLP). I apologise now to anyone else who is travelling on this train. My family don't manage to do anything without a high degree of ceremony so boarding the train and getting seated would be a complete pantomime without having Littley and her pushchair in tow so we will probably manage to empty our carriage by the time we have left St Pancras.

Once we reach DLP we plan to walk to our hotel (New York) and check in. If the rooms are ready then we will pop up and I will get Littley changed into something nice and warm and a thick pram suit before we head on out - otherwise I will have to do this in the lobby which will no doubt result in the other hotel guests making a hasty retreat.

First stop will be a shop to purchase an autograph book for Littley and then Mouse Hunting can commence in earnest.

We are staying 4 nights so will not need to race around too much. We plan to ride, show watch, shop, parade watch and drink copious quantities of hot chocolate but the main mission is character stalking. I have already booked Inventions for Tuesday evening dinner and am keen to do Cafe Mickey and the Birthday Tea party aswell.

And so Dibbers the countdown is now on... 3 weeks today I should be packed and verging on hysteria. I will try and write a trippy (hoping Littley will settle nice and early each night so I get an hour to write).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 11, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Lovely to read your pre trip report I'm sure you'll love Hotel New York
I can relate to the feeling arriving on main street, even just talking about it. I took a 'brave' final look back on our last night before heading home from Orlando in August and was in tears all the way to the monorail
IN DLP we've never had to wait for our room at HNY (maybe just hit lucky) If you find yours isn't ready then just head away from Reception past Grand Central Station towards the Convention Centre, it's a lovely area with larger facilities if you need to change your little one.

Jules

Not sure if you've seen these videos
disneylandparis-business... hotel_new-york

disneylandparis-business... vention_center
Old 22 Oct 11, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Our Grumpy1 View Post
Lovely to read your pre trip report I'm sure you'll love Hotel New York
I can relate to the feeling arriving on main street, even just talking about it. I took a 'brave' final look back on our last night before heading home from Orlando in August and was in tears all the way to the monorail
IN DLP we've never had to wait for our room at HNY (maybe just hit lucky) If you find yours isn't ready then just head away from Reception past Grand Central Station towards the Convention Centre, it's a lovely area with larger facilities if you need to change your little one.

Jules

Not sure if you've seen these videos
disneylandparis-business... hotel_new-york

disneylandparis-business... vention_center
Thanks

Could only get the 1st video to play but looks great. Am really excited about trying HNY as only ever stayed at NBC before
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 11, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie's Sal View Post
Well my dear Dibbers, you have enjoyed / endured (*delete as applicable) my endless questions and borderline hysterical posts about this trip and now it is time for the pre-trip report.

Definitely enjoyed

Wishing you all a wonderful trip, I just know it will be sooo special. Have a great time and we will be looking forward to hearing all about it. I hope the weather co-operates too
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List