Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 05, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Costa Dorado hotel recommendations?

I've accepted that our mini trip budget won't stretch to the sunshine state this month so am planning to take DD (10) to Spain for a long weekend.

Thinking of flying into Reus and staying around Salou area which I think is quite near the airport?

Anyone been to this area, got any recommendations or steer well clear of advice?

Thanks

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinders Mum
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cinders Mum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
My brother and his wife took their young kids to the Cye Holiday Centre and loved it, in fact there were people trying to change accomm to go there instead of the ones they were booked into. Watch you don't confuse it with the Cye Salou...totally different...LOL

Val
xx

HELEN KNOWLES
GOLD PERSONAL TRAVEL COUNSELLOR

T: 01205 804340
E:helen.knowles@travelcounsellors.com
http://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/helen.knowles

Travel Counsellors Trust Protection on Every Part of your Booking. ATOL Bonded.
Cinders Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I went to Salou once and stayed in an apartment near the Cambrils side of Salou, despite the fact there was a very noisy train line behind the apartments. Personally I preferred the look of this area rather than some of the more built-up bits of Salou. If I went back to the area I would stay in Cambrils instead.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Salauris Palace a nice hotel with a great pool about a 5 min walk for Universal med and 5 mins from the beach.

here is a trip advisor link

TinkTatoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thanks ever so much everyone, that's brilliant info I'd forgotten about Universal being near there - huge bonus!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

I've heard a lot of good things about the Dorada Palace in Salou although I haven't stayed there myself. Last time I looked it had really good reviews on Airtours holidays uncovered website.

Thanks

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jude28
Excited about Disney

we stayed at the cambrills playa about six years ago now and it totally put me off ever staying there again.
it was an all inclusive which we thought would be a good thing but we ended up sending for our c/card as the food was disgusting.
might be better now though as things change with time.
i would recomend the port aventure theme park it was a good day out and salou itself was fine also took a walk into cambrils really nice.
jude28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally posted by jude28
we stayed at the cambrills playa about six years ago now and it totally put me off ever staying there again.
it was an all inclusive which we thought would be a good thing but we ended up sending for our c/card as the food was disgusting.
might be better now though as things change with time.
i would recomend the port aventure theme park it was a good day out and salou itself was fine also took a walk into cambrils really nice.
We also stopped at the Cambrils Playa. It was about 7 years ago.

Agree, the food was awful. If you look at Holiday Truths it doesn't seem to have changed much.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the Santa Monica Playa in Salou and it was a lovely hotel. It had just been renovated and the rooms were lovely. It's just across from Charlie Chaplins bar and is central for everything.
We went on a sunshine cruise on a catamarran and also did a jeep safari which was the highlight of the holiday.
Universal was good fun as well, but I only rode Dragon Khan once!
Love Rio
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 05, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo2
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi, i went to spain in March Stayed at the hotel Golden Playa Park, really good service and half board food!