Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 05, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Cyprus

hi been to florida this year, but now thinking about next year and fancy a change. we have been thinking of cyprus , and either paphos or protaras, any info on either of these and accomodation please?

thanks
nanook

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 05, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

been to cyprus but much prefer Turkey, Belek is lovely, although not for everyone as it is 85% Russian and only 5% English, although all hotels are 5 Star and on the beach, it is very reasonable to get there as well.
Old 2 Jun 05, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive been to Cyprus year before last and we stayed at Protarus not in the main town as quite noisy but a quieter part of it at a place called Pernerna(sp) beach. It was a great hol friendly people most locals speak english some great bars and places to eat, water sports amd boat trips. We stayed in apartments called Ausonia Park. We went 1st week in August Very hot but would go back again we couldnt afford Florida so 4 of us got a late deal for under a £1000 when there were no late deals for Florida
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 05, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I would recommend Protaras in Cyprus to anyone, sadly haven't been for 3 years, but we use to go every year even twice a year sometimes for about 8 years and my aunt and uncle have been going at least once every year for about the past 13 years. Its such a nice place and the locals are so friendly esp towards children (me and my sister use to have such a nice time). One piece of advice i'd really give though is if takign children try to avoid mid july to mid august it gets far too hot. We was there end of june once and the weather was in the 40's.
Regarding hotels would dependon wether you wanted a hotel or apartments I cant really remember names of many places as some years I was young and didn't really take much notice but I will ask my mum.
If you look on libraholidays they have quite, well use to have quite a selection we went with them every year.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 05, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was in Cyprus June 2002. We were staying in Limassol and had a rental car so did a lot of driving around. I really loved it as there is so much history to the island, it wasn't just a sun holiday. Paphos was lovely and I would like to stay there sometime, we just went there on a day trip to see the town and Valley of the Kings (or some similar name? this was really interesting). Would definitely go again sometime.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 05, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jude28
Excited about Disney

we went to limassol in 2001 and it was lovely we went in may and the weather was just right.
last year we went to ayia napa and loved it plenty to do for kids as there is a massive water park down the road but the weather was scortching as we went end of july.
thinking of protaras next year.
jude28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 05, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

my mum and dad live in paphos and we visit quite alot,i would definately recommend this part of the island to you,good water park there ,nice restaurants great place for a relaxing holiday,very hot july and august

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 05, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
richieboy07
Apprentice Imagineer

richieboy07's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does Mum & Dad take lodgers

Stop touching me !
richieboy07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 05, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I too would go to protarus but in quiet area it is great place to stay and everyone is so friendly.
Old 5 Jun 05, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm going to Protaras (Pernea) on Wednesday, last minute all inclusive deal. Hope everyones friendly as I'm going on my own, other half can't get time off work!

Have been to Ayia Napa years about 9 years ago! was good then but now wanted a more relaxing week off.

A friend of mine at work goes every year and she just loves it.
Closed Thread