Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jun 05, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Flying Malaysian Airways

Well I now have a new countdown, We are thinking of emigrating to Australia and are in the process of applying for temporary residence visa's. DH and myself are flying out to Adelaide to have a good look round at the area and propertys ect. Has anyone flown to Australia and what was the journey like and has anyone flown with Malaysian airways. The longest flight I have ever done is to Orlando and that was long enough.
Will be gratefull for any advice.

Christine
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 05, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave9LPG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Bring comfortable clothes to change into/sleep in on the plane.
Furthest we've travelled is Bali and found track bottoms and t-shirts a godsend. It also means you have relatively fresh clothes for getting off the plane.

Marie
Dave9LPG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 05, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

We have flown malaysian airlines about 6 times with the longest flight being 13hrs and I wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again.

The seat pitch is a bit more generous than other airlines and the service is great with individual seatback TVs.

Haven't quite got as far as Australia yet, but wouldn't hestitate in using malaysian to get there.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 05, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
janjan
Serious Dibber

janjan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Been to Australia 3 times now, never used Malaysian airlines myself but family have that are seasoned travellers to Australia and they reckon they have used most airlines and rate Malaysian Airlines amongst the best
Depending on what route you take will determine when you stop, first time we went stopped at Singapore and second and third time stopped at Japan, both good airports
tip: take clean undies to change as you will feel a bit better if you can get a wash and a cnahge half way through
Old 17 Jun 05, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I used Malaysian Airlines back in 2000 for a trip to Singapore and Borneo..excellent service
Seat back TVs with 4 or 5 channels and one which showed the route being flown and as Malaysia is a Moslem country it had a little arrow on it showing the direction to Mecca (not a lot of use to me but I'm sure the Moslems appreciated it)

Ian
Old 17 Jun 05, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies and tips they are most useful especially the one about the undies, I was thinking about that today as we leave Manchester at 8pm on Friday evening and do not arrive till 6am sunday morning in Adelaide, we will be stopping once in Kuala Lumpa.

Thanks again

Christine.
Old 17 Jun 05, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
janjan
Serious Dibber

janjan's Reviews
Christine, good luck with your quest to emigrate to Australia, i have a brother and sister out there, both have extremely good quality of life style, wish it was me, Australia has so much to offer.
Old 17 Jun 05, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks janjan everything we have looked at about Adelaide has looked fab, I can't wait to see it. I just hope it is everything we think it is and that our visa application will eventually be accepted it takes about 45 weeks for them to process the visa application and we have to have full medicals and police checks before we are accepted.

Christine
Old 17 Jun 05, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Snap - except we're looking at Perth as skilled migrants. We flew to Oz on Malaysian last April/May to Sydney. Although we went Business Class, most seem to enjoy flying Malaysia. The stopover at KL passes very quickly and it is a very good airport. DW's skills assessment only came back yesterday - on to stage 2 now, the application.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 05, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Hal we have applied for the 165 investors visa, we already have the state sponsorship which we applied for in March, its just the visa we have to get now and looking at all the forms I think we are going to get a migration agent to do it for us, are you doing yours yourself?

Christine
Closed Thread