Notices

Old 19 May 12, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Disney In A Day

Hello

This is my first ever pre-trippie (despite having lingered here for ages without posting whilst going to Disney!) and I really debated about doing it because it's not even a proper holiday - it's 6 and a half hours worth of Disney time! - however I really wanted a practise go before doing a few bigger reports in the future...

Anyway here goes…

Us
I'm Rose (Rosie!) and I'm 20. A huge huge HUGE Disney fan - have been back and forth to Disneyland Paris a lot and I'm the real driving force behind this.
He is Scott (Sebastian-no, I have no idea why either!), he's 19 (cause I'm a cougar!) and has never left the UK - but he is very VERY excited to go as he is also a huge Disney fan – when we first met we actually bonded over our mutual love of Disney films <3

There are no normal pictures of us, only of us being awkward but here they are

(For the eagle eyed - yes that is a Disney pin on S's coat that I brought him from my last trip - a Stitch dressed up as Yoda one, because we both LOVE Stitch and Angel, even though none of the Lilo and Stitch films really make our top picks but whatevs!)
So, err, yeah we either pull faces or get incredibly dressed up -
nothing remotely normal at all!

Anywhoo...

We will be visting Disneyland in less than a week - on MAY 23RD!

This trip is part of a trip to London which we are going on for 5 nights but basically I really couldn't wait to go back to Disney and to share Disney with Scott (my last trip was December 2011, just far too long ago obviously!) so what's happening is we are jumping on the 06.50 Eurostar from St Pancras - arriving at Disney just before 12 and then getting the train back from Disney at about 10 to 7. I’m fairly nervous about the Eurostar since I’ve never taken it before but I’m sure that’s because I tend to worry about things that don’t need worrying about!

At first I was quite upset because we're going to miss the night show for the 20th anniversary and now we're also going to miss the parade because it’s on at 7pm so we solved that problem by booking ourselves another trip for Septmeber (!) for 2 nights so that we can see all the anniversary celebrations. I think sometimes they can tend to over hype things but I really don't care, it's basically an excuse to go back!

So the fact we are going back takes a bit of the pressure off this trip - it's really 6 and a half hours to wander round and take it in because S hasn't been before and I think a lot of Disney is just going and taking in how beautiful everything is and just the detailing on things - I really genuinely think people (not my fellow dibbers obviously though) can miss how amazingly stunning the parks actually are (especially the main Disneyland Park) if they get too focussed on the rides. This shouldn't be a problem though since S doesn't actually like roller coasters :P

Our 'Must Do's' are:
-Time to look at ALL the shops on main street
-The Castle (dragon, upstairs, balcony, shops!)
-Toy Story Playground
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
-Animagique
-Disney's 20th Anniversay Train

Obviously there are a lot of other things [strike]we[/strike] I would consider 'must do's' but since we're going back in September we really don't want to spend a day rushing to an itinerary and would rather take it gently.

That being said, we have a rough plan that is:
12.00 Arrive - go swap our vouchers for tickets(slightly nervous as have never done the voucher swap thing before but I'm sure that's because I'm just a worrier and nothing will go wrong!)
12.30 WALK RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF MAIN STREET USA GRINNING LIKE A COUPLE OF IDIOTS (can you tell who picked having an hour on Main Street as a 'must do' :P)
13.30 The Disneyland 20th Anniversary Train at central plaza
14.00 The Castle
14.30 Wander into Fantasyland - possible doing Le Pays des Contes de Fees
15.00 Over to Discoveryland - Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, which I'm sure S will beat me spectacularly on!
15.35 Head over to the Studios Park
16.00 Animagique – LOVE this show
16.30 Toy Story Playground
16.50 Behind the Scene’s Studio Tram Tour
17.30 Back to Disneyland Park for a go on POTC in Adventureland (if we’re on time at this point, if not then we can leave this till September)
18.00 Disney Village for a quick go around the massive Disney Store
18.25 Head to the train station for our 18.50 Eurostar back to London

So I realise that it looks as though we’re not doing much – we’re missing out Frontierland entirely as well aspossibly going to miss Adventureland, depending on times, we’re not getting any food in Disney() and we’re not meeting and characters unless they’re there and there’s not a huge queue but we both agreed we really don’t have a lot of time and obviously since we’re going back we don’t want to ruin this trip by rushing and trying to fit too much in.

We also really wanted to do the Meet Mickey thing that’s part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations but we both thought there’d be mega queues for it and we really don’t have time to do queue’s – last time I went it was at over an hour to meet the Princesses and when we’re only there for 6 and a half we really can’t spare an hour to queue!

Having said that if there is anything anyone thinks is majorly a must do for your first ever Disneyland trip and thinks we should 100% squeeze it in then please let me know

Also, since I know a lot of the dibbers have taken the Eurostar before can I check – to get the 18.50 Eurostar from Disneyland are we leaving ourselves enough time if we get to the station at 18.25? As I said I’ve never taken the Eurostar before as we live in Scotland so it’s a lot simpler just to pay the extra and fly rather than taking a 9 hour bus to London then getting on the Eurostar and arriving at Disney totally exhausted, so I’m getting myself into a bit of a tisy about the whole Eurostar situation!

So I shall return after my trip and put up a trip report to let you all know if we stuck to our plan or not, complete with the million and one photo's we'll be taking while we're there

xoxox

Edited at 03:53 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 12, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you are big Stitch fans I would suggest doing Stitch Live and saving Animagique for September.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 12, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tip - we ended up not being able to because the English timings didn't quite work out but it's now definitely top of the list for September! I ended up not taking my Angel zipper because it was so warm so the good thing is when we go back I can wear that and S can wear his Stitch zipper - just to be the ultimate cringe couple :L
Rose
xoxox
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List