Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 05, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

vegas

my dh wants to go to vegas next year having never thought of it before do we need 2 weeks or one , weres the best place to stay my 16yr old daughter will be with us any help would be great
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 05, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesM
Proud to wear my Ears

My mum and Dad are out there now, they've spent four days there, and then onto Haweii, and lastly san fran cisco. On speaking to them they felt four days was enough this time.

They stayed as the Luxor, and rated it, a couple of friends have also stayed at the Luxor, and agreed it was nice

Hope that helps a bit!
2017 Sun Haven Villa @ West Haven
2019 Newport Bay - Paris
JamesM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 05, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
S'mE
Excited about Disney

I think a week in Vegas at a time is just about adequate. Amazing place but it can get repetitive!

Why not split your trip with a week in LA or SF.
My 19 & 17 yr olds certainly enjoyed when we split our holiday last year!
S'mE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 05, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks maybe i can persuade himm to split it with haweii i would love to go there
Old 6 Jul 05, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

we are planning my hubbies 40th, we want to do 1 week Vegas and anothe 2 weeks somewhere else, not sure where though. Have thought about LA, Orlando or Caribbean. Will trawl some brochures soon! Any other ideas?
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 05, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

The california coast - start in Santa Monica (or San Diego) and wind your way slowly up the coastal route to San Francisco.
FABULOUS!
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 05, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
S'mE
Excited about Disney

Yup! I'm a big fan of the coastal highway!
We did SF - LA over a couple of days. Stopping en route for Hearst Castle is a must!

No pictures will do it justice and nothing can describe the feeling of isolation and being alone with nature as you stop and admire the vistas.
S'mE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 05, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kjtinlin
slightly serious Dibber

I've done a week in San Francisco then a week in Vegas, and last time did 5 nights in Vegas, 5 nights in LA, 2 nights in Palm Springs and one night at Lake Havasu - a lot of driving, but worth it. We made time to visit Disneyland while in LA

It depends on what you want to do in Vegas (i.e. gamble all the time, or just take in the atmosphere). We mainly used it as a base last time to take trips to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, etc. I stayed in the Aladdin last time and, if you can get a good price, I highly recommend it!

Kerry
kjtinlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 05, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Vegas

I stayed at the Luxor and loved it.
Old 12 Jul 05, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

We went to Hearst Castle last week and it was brilliant - I would thoroughly recomend it.

We also drove up to San Jose and did the Winchester House - again brilliant and deifinitely worth a visit.
Closed Thread