Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 05, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
disneyland paris

hi

i am going to disneyland paris the first weekend in september.

does anyone know what the weather and crowd levels will be like.

or if anyone has any other info or tips - it would be really appreciated.

also we are flying with bmi baby - do you get assigned seats at the airport or do you just get on the plane and sit anywhere you want.

thanks
Old 20 Jul 05, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Re: disneyland paris

Originally posted by donnakirby

also we are flying with bmi baby - do you get assigned seats at the airport or do you just get on the plane and sit anywhere you want.

You get assigned seats.

I'm sure you can actually book your seats on the internet, but you may only be able to do it at the time you make the booking.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 05, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Do you have your accom sorted out Donna?

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 05, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
hi

we are staying at the santa fe.

we just chose the cheapest disney hotel.

we are thinking about going to the buffallo bill show too
Old 22 Jul 05, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
I really like the Buffalo Bill show however the last time we went to it we took our DDs who were then 4 and 2, and both love horses so we thought it was a sure fire winner HOWEVER the loud bangs and noises scared DD4 so much that we had to walk out before too long with a thoroughly scared and distressed little girl. We are going to leave it a few more years before revisiting Buffalo Bill.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 05, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Donna we took our DD (2 1/2 at the time) to DLP last September... 5 days at Davey Crockett Ranch (superb! ) and we didn't see a cloud the whole time we was there... the weather was Sun-sational! Crowds were busy... without being overwhelming... best bet is to to do Peter pan/Dumbo as soon as the park opens as it was upto 40/50 mins in the afternoons... the other bigger rides were 20 mins tops.

Hope this helps?

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 05, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We are off to DLP in September too, on September 11th (yes I know the date!) staying in the Newport Bay Club for the first time. This looks just like the Yacht Club we stayed in this year in Florida. Anybody stayed at the Newport?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 05, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just got back from DLP last weekend, luckily for us it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive.

If you are planning to go a couple of times I would recommend that you upgrade you park tickets to an annual pass. It's no much extra cost to do so.

We stayed at Sequoia (spelling?) Lodge and thought it was pretty OK.

The parks were not too busy on the Thursday and Friday, Saturday was a little busier, but we had no queueing problems (other than the fact that the French cannot queue properly and need to push in at any cost...).

We thought about going to Buffalo Bill's, but our 4 year old twins would probably find the loud bangs too much, plus it's fairly expensive. €53 for adults, €33 for children.

Having been to Florida and LA several times, we thought that DLP would be disappointing, but I think that they have just about gotten away with it. I could draw comparisons all day, but I don't think it's worth doing so.

The only thing I would mention though is the expense. DLP is not cheap! Drinks and food are very highly priced (I expect some mark-up, but not this much).

There is an Auchan supermarket (HUUUGGGE!) nearby and if you are really stuck the Esso garage is very handy for drinks and even the odd bottle of wine.

If you need any more info PM me and I'd be glad to help.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 05, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jester
Helping Minnie

Was ther last Sept, stayed at Sante Fe fine room smaller than WDW crowds were ok 20/25 mins max.
Weather was even good , but what the others say about drinks very true best take the with.
PS the french will not que up at any time
jester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 05, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

If you enjoy shopping and would like a break from DLP, Val D'Europe is a wonderful place. It is literally 5 minutes max on the train and there is a huge shopping complex including an Auchan as somebody mentioned and also right next to it is an outlet area of shops, I was there last week and my other half got a pair of reboks for the equivalant of £35 down from over a hundred. If you need to stock up on snacks and drinks for the holiday I'd pop over there on your first day at DLP because when people say the park's expensive they're not kidding. A small bottle of coke at the park is easily over 3 euros whereas a large at Auchan is about 1.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread