Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 05, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking No time for a countdown! Off to DLP this Thursday!

Hi all

I don't know if I am mad or not but have just convinced DH that we ABSOLUTELY NEED to go to DLP while we are both off this week (with DS 10 too).

He was very reluctant at first as we are off to Las Vegas in Sept/Oct and so wanted to save for that trip. However, I have now blown the savings on a DLP trip departing this Thursday, for 2 nights.

I felt really guilty after pressing the 'confirm booking' but it is done now.

I booked direct with Eurostar and we are going from Waterloo and staying at the Santa Fe - coz that worked out the cheapest combining the park tickets. I can't wait.

My DS, sister, neice and I went in 2003 and so we sort of know what to expect. My DH was in Iraq at the time - so all the more need for him to visit now.

I am concerned about how busy the parks will be and if I was really sensible, should we have gone out of peak season. I have told the boys to expect queues, lots of pushing and crowds, but am hopeful that because the park closes at 11h00, there will be time to see everything - I hope!

I have read so many good, bad and ugly reports on TripAdvisor and other sites (including the good old Dibb) and have decided to read no more as what will be will be.

As we are on a budget, (ahem the Las Vegas budget ) we don't intend have any expensive meals and just do McD's and have snacks. In fact, to cut costs, I have just been to Waitrose and stocked up on water, coke and snacks - as I know from the last visit that the basics are very expensive - am I sad or what?

So Dibbers, if you have any last minute tips, please let me know - and if you have just returned, I would be grateful to hear what the crowds were like (or maybe I just shouldn't ask!).

I will let you all know how it went with a full trip report soon.

Lou
x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 05, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a great time.
Old 2 Aug 05, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Its wonderful..have a great time

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 05, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

It will be just brilliant... just make good use of the fastpasses and get there early..at least everything is so close together so you won't waste time travelling. Good idea to take the snacks and drinks with you, we will probably do the same in October! Have a great time!
Old 3 Aug 05, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Have a great time. As above - make use of the fast passes and get there early. I can't stress that enough. Have a plan and you will have a great time! You can always pop out for a bit of RnR during the peak of the day and go back again later. The village is sometimes a quieter option for lunch if the park restaurants are packed.
Old 3 Aug 05, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tips - can't wait until TOMORROW!
Old 3 Aug 05, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I just got back two weeks ago. My advice as above is use fast passes and also get an earlish breakfast in the hotel to beat the crowds, 7.30 seemed to work out pretty well for us after that you're in queue just to get a bread roll. Another tiny time saver but it saves faffing is when you know you're coming to a security barrier get your bags open in advance, it just saves that bit of extra time there.
Old 3 Aug 05, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread