Notices

Old 12 Sep 12, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Chazy & Ben Go West! Pre Trip Report September 2012

Just 2 weeks to go now so here’s a proper pre trip report!

This is me, 27 – planner/worrier/spendaholic

This is Ben, 28 – creator of the itinerary/anything for a happy princess (or rather a quiet life! )

This is us in 2009 at Disneyland Paris

This is us in 2011 at Walt Disney World. We’ve been together 10 years, living together in Nottingham for 4 years.

When we got back from WDW I proper suffered from post holiday blues. I was awful to live with! I can’t remember how California came about but as the world is a big place there’s lots of places to see!
So it took us a couple of months to finally get an itinerary together. We finally booked August bank holiday 2011.
We knew we wanted to do Anaheim & I wanted to do Los Angeles. We did want to do Vegas but the trip came to about 3 weeks and as I had to give the dates and length of time to my boss she declined to allow all that time off work as I only get 22 days.
So we sat back down and relooked at where we wanted to go and priorities of what to do. So I got the Virgin brochure out and started trying to piece it together. We then took the details in and they fine tuned our plan!

So here we are! Over one year has passed and we are almost in single digits!

I’ve been away most of the summer at the Olympics & Paralympics so the holiday feels like its jumped up on me!

I’ve brought some super cute new clothes -

Found a couple of bits I’d forgotten

We have all our tickets

Wednesday 26th September - We fly into San Francisco where we land in the afternoon, we will then check into the Handlery in union square. Had thought Cheesecake Factory for dinner but after recent trippies I might go for Lori’s diner.

Thursday 27th September - Walt Disney Family Museum - travel by public transport - eek! Unsure where for dinner.

Friday 28th September - Alcatraz 9am tour - Unsure where for dinner – pier 39 probably

Saturday 29th September - Check out of hotel, fly to LAX where we land in the afternoon. Check into Roosevelt Hotel on Hollywood boulevard. Dinner maybe at Disney Soda Fountain & Studio.

Sunday 30th September - Six Flags Magic Mountain - transport via Starline Tours – to be booked 24 hours before. We have our Platinum Flash Pass ordered incase it is busy.

Monday 1st October - Universal Studios – Taking the subway!

Tuesday 2nd October - No plans - possibly Warner Bros Tour or Santa Monica - Ben would like to find the Lakers shop

Wednesday 3rd October - No plans - possibly Paramount Tour or Santa Monica – We have tickets for Mike & Molly being filmed.

Thursday 4th October - Check out of hotel in Hollywood, travel to Anaheim. Check into Sheraton Anaheim,wander round the local shopping/food area/downtown disney

Friday 5th October - Knotts Berry Farm – I think via public transport?

Saturday 6th October – First day at Disney. Probably start with California Adventure. We have our photopass Plus in hand

Sunday 7th October – Disneyland Park

Monday 8th October – California Adventure

Tuesday 9th October – Disneyland Park – Mickeys Halloween Party - Here is my Mickey’s Halloween Party outfit… Ben is going as Mickey Mouse (I only found out today but he’s got some gorgeous trousers, tails coat and a yellow bowtie! Excited for this!

Wednesday 10th October – California Adventure

Thursday 11th October - Check out of hotel, transfer to LAX to fly home that evening :-(

Friday 12th October - Home - land at 12noon

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 12, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Love your Minnie outfit!

You've got some fantastic Disney tops - I think I recognise the London Oxford St Disney store in one of your photos, but whe did you find the others?

Your trip looks brilliant.
Old 12 Sep 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, I'm super excited! All from London, The Minnie one was from forever 21 (downstairs) and the Mickey one from h&m, both just under £20 each. The other 2 are from Disney store :-)
Old 13 Sep 12, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a great looking plan and I love your outfits !
We ate at Joe's Crab Shack at Pier 39 when we got back from Alcatraz- it was a great place, loads of atmosphere , but there are loads of places to choose from in that area.
Cant wait to read more
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 12, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Your plans sound amazing! Your Minnie Mouse outfit is very cute! Soon be SDD!
Old 13 Sep 12, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Hehe thanks, I can't wait to see Ben all Mickey'd up! It's crazy, the time really has flown by! :-)
Old 13 Sep 12, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds great chazzy, looking forward to the full report and of course lot of photos...especially of Ben dressed up :P I havent got any clothes yet for florida in November and love your minnie top so may need to pop into forever 21 :P
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 12, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I will defo take lots of pics! I'm glad I went shopping when summer stuff came out cuz very few places have stuff now :-(
Old 14 Sep 12, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Well Ben has cracked and let me take a pic of his outfit for Halloween What do you think?

Old 15 Sep 12, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

My new suitcase arrived today My old one was fine but only 2 wheels and during all the travelling in London for the Olympics/Paralympics made me realise I need a 4 wheel (Purely to just push it along! )