Notices

Old 16 Sep 12, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG we go on Wednesday! Pre trippie

Trip Report - Disneyland Paris

September 19th - 21st 2012

In April, Sky TV in the UK were doing a promotion of free Disneyland Paris ticket, one day two park hoppers... how can one resist! We had already booked our wedding planning trip to WDW for November 2013, so thought a Disney fix between now and then would have been out of the question until we stumbled on this promotion. With a little wheeling and dealing we ended up with 8 free adult tickets over two days, 20th and 21st September!

Originally all four of us were going, myself, my fiance Paul, his 16 year old daughter Sarah and his 19 year old son David, but for reasons unknown to any of us David decided not to join us, so it's just the three of us!

We had been saving our Nectar points (for those not in the UK Nectar points is a supermarket rewards scheme) and had saved £82 worth of points. #We were able to redeem these against return Eurostar tickets, so got one and a bit of us for free! #So we are on the 8.30am Eurostar from St Pancres International on Wednesday 19th September, into Gare du Nord, Paris. #After this we will catch the RER train to Disneyland Paris - nice and easy to do with only one change on the Metro!

We are staying at the Dream Castel Hotel. #Paul and I stayed here last year with my sister and her boyfriend during our Engagement trip (yay!) but due to delays on the train we didn't get enough time to actually enjoy the hotel so we're going back! #We enjoyed the breakfast and thats always a good selling point for us #Just need to ask for more pillows when we check in, they were a bit crap last time! #The three of us are sharing a room with 2 double beds - Sarah can't wait, huge double bed to herself!

So the general plan is:
Wednesday
Arrive at DLP at about 1pm on the Wednesday and head to the hotel. #If we're hungery might stop for an Earl of Sandwich on the way through. #We're bringing our swimming gear as the hotel has an indoor pool which we can use before our room is ready (I emailed them and confirmed). #Go for a swim until we can get into our room. #After we check in properly, go shower and change and head to Disneyland Hotel to have a look around and maybe a drink in the bar, hopefully run into a few characters as I've heard they are usually out and about at around 4pm. #After we have had our fill of the hotel, head into Disney Village and continue to wander until our dinner reservation at Cafe Mickey at 6.30pm. #After dinner head back to the hotel.

Thursday
Up nice and early, and down for breakfast. #As we are using free entry tickets we can't get into the park until 10am, but we have to redeem our free tickets each day, so want to have our tickets and be at the turnstiles at about 9.30am, hopefully with a steamy hot Starbucks in my hand! #Pics in front of the castle are mandatory on the first day, especially as that spot is so special to us as thats where Paul popped the question! #We're going to get park maps the day before and plan our ride attack on the Wednesday, but I think we will do Disneyland Park until about 1pm, then head over to the Studios for lunch (Paul needs his infamous bag of hotdogs), then back into Disneyland Park in time for some dinner and stake out our spot for Dreams. #Back to the hotel after Dreams, might stop in Disney Village on the way for an ice cream!

Friday
Up early again, but this time we need to pack and check out. #We will store our cases in the luggage storage at the train station - we did this last year with great success #Today we will go to the Studios first and do anything we missed the day before, then Disneyland Park in the afternoon. #We need to leave at around 6.30pm, to get back into Paris to get our Eurostar home, last one of the day at 9.30pm, which should get us back home around midnight.

So thats the plan! #Off to get some packing done today! #We have some bottles of water and a bag of snacky bits to take with us both for the train and just to have in the room as we all know how expensive DLP food and drink can be!

3 sleeps to go, can't wait!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Have a great time.

For the future, bear in mind you can book a Eurostar train direct to the park - no need to go into Paris.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 12, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep I know you can thanks Gill I can't justify the extra cost and restricted train times so we don't mind going trough Paris for the flexibility
Old 16 Sep 12, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
You'll be arriving when we are there! We go tomorrow lunchtime til Thursday

Its a shame you guys aren't coming into the park on Wednesday - there is a mini dibb meet going on Wednesday at 3pm. Might bump into you on Thursday though

Hope you have a fantastic time - weather is looking good xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 12, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
You'll be arriving when we are there! We go tomorrow lunchtime til Thursday

Its a shame you guys aren't coming into the park on Wednesday - there is a mini dibb meet going on Wednesday at 3pm. Might bump into you on Thursday though

Hope you have a fantastic time - weather is looking good xx
Awww boo! Have a great time at the mini meet!

Weather is looking amazing! Tempted to pack a pair of shorts but don't want to tempt fate!

Hope you have a great time! xx
Old 17 Sep 12, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Well it's Monday, and we don't go until Wednesday morning but yes, I'm almost ashamed to say I'm packed already! Paul is pretty much packed as well, I did something yerday that I never, ever do, and I ironed his tshirts! I think he was as shocked as I was... I'm one of those people who doesn't buy it if it needs to be ironed, I hate it that much...

Sarah is pretty much packed too, just a few last minute bits on Wednesday morning and we're good to go!

All tickets and vouchers printed and in the front of my little suitcase, park bag packed with money and my little notebook to jot down stuff for my trippie.

Travel insurance with my bank so don't need to worry about that, result!

Lost my Cafe Mickey reservation number but ho hum, I'm sure they'll let us in hehe

Am I forgetting anything?!?!
Old 18 Sep 12, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
exciting stuff tabz! very jealous! looking forward to hearing all about it! Dream castle hotel sounds good, maybe a cheaper option than staying directly on site?

YOU GO TOMORROW! so excited!
Old 18 Sep 12, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Amy - WE GO TOMORROW!

Final packing sorted, suitcases all over the bed hehe

Dream castle for all 3 of us came out at £100 a night inc breakfast which I don think is too bad!

Hope I can sleep! Xx