Notices

Old 8 Jul 13, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Surprise trip for my 40th

Well, my fab husband has this week given me an amazing surprise. It's been my 40th, a d he's booked us 9nts in LA later in the year as my big present. I'm quite bowled over.
So, our kids (12 and by then 9) will be soarin over Cali for real...
We are booked into an hotel in the Disney area, with a car.
What do we need to plan for please, and what are our must-dos apart from Disney (a given that we will visit the park, but any tips on ticket plans etc would be useful!) like cities to visit, beaches, vineyards etcetera etcetera etcetera.
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

You will have a fantastic time, we did 8 days last summer and are going back in a month

We spent 3 days in disney, 1 day in LA and did the walk of fame, and manns chinese theatre. We were there too early to do the Disney soda fountain We headed up to Griffith Park, which was lovely and the observatory and drove around Mulholland Drive. Another day we went up into the mountains above San Bernadino to Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake, back through the Mojave desert and visited an old western film set at Pioneer town (some others haven't liked it but we did). We did Warner Bros Studio tour but not Knotts Berry Farm or Universal. Big thing for dh was we got a windshield tour down at Miramar in San Diego which was great, followed by a visit to the USS Midway. Would have liked to see more of San Diego but maybe another time.

My trippie is here http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=638694

By the way, we are now hooked on California. Did help that the parks resemble Paris rather than Florida and they were our first disney but just loved everything about Cali.

Food, make sure you try and find an In n Out burger, they were fantastic, not pricey but fresh made and just wonderful. Otherwise pretty much standard fare. Lots in Downtown disney and that is free so you can get the feel without wasting a day on your ticket. Our hotel was walking distance so we did that on our first evening, well no way was I letting dh drive past the entrance to my magical place and not get a sniff before going to bed. Our room faced the parks so we could watch the fireworks while we ate, sipped a cocktail or just sat in bed

Any questions feel free to ask, and if you need anything else I can let you know after we get back middle of next month
Old 20 Jul 13, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Thanks Julia! Will def have a gander at your trippie; sounds like you packed loads in, jus as I will want to! Did you buy Disney tickets before going?
Would love to get to San Diego but fear it's not long enough to take that the travelling. Wanted to go on the trams from all the films!
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 13, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
Thanks Julia! Will def have a gander at your trippie; sounds like you packed loads in, jus as I will want to! Did you buy Disney tickets before going?
Would love to get to San Diego but fear it's not long enough to take that the travelling. Wanted to go on the trams from all the films!
We bought the tickets there, can't remember the exact prices but think it was $250 for 3 days. Not sure if we are buying the tickets here or when we get there this time, got to do some calculations!

San Diego was about 2 hours away, easy freeway motoring (although busy) think others have done it for the day to see the zoo, look at travelmams trippie from a few years ago.

You will have to pick and choose but all the more reason to go back
Old 29 Jul 13, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Thanks. Have you got a link to travelmam's trippie pls or do I just search name? Loved yours, thx!
Old 29 Jul 13, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

You need to change your countdown ;-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
Thanks. Have you got a link to travelmam's trippie pls or do I just search name? Loved yours, thx!
Here it is

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35542

Hope you are getting excited
Old 29 Jul 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
You need to change your countdown ;-)
Yes, ha ha, so I do -
Will have to wait til I get on the desktop rather than iPhone!
Old 29 Jul 13, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Here it is

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35542

Hope you are getting excited
Thank you! Yes, very!
Old 29 Jul 13, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Bummer! That link takes me to a WDW trippie by Gary?!