Notices

Old 16 Aug 13, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkeringbelle
Gone all Goofy

Just Before The Trip Trippie ... not so grumpy Grumpy , 2 not so little Dwarfs and me do Disney

Well nearly in single digits! The wait is nearing an end and the excitement level is increasing.

We are celebrating DH Grumpy's birthday on our last day in Disney and because I didn't have a clue what to get him for his birthday, I have come up with this thing that the Germans call a "beach basket" ( literal translation) . They are dotted around all beaches in Germany and DH always said he wanted one. Well, even with my super duper luggage allowance in Club World, there is no way I can take it for his birthday, so he had to have it today.

I figured it might be a good way to keep morale up as we are in this in-between hole of having waited so long for this trip, it is so near but we are not quite there yet.
We have had a seriously weird and stressful year at work and it is getting to the point where you think you physically won't be able to cope with that last week. Holidayis well and truely needed.

Also for "the kids" , DS had his fair share of ups and downs at work this year and we are very proud of him standing his ground and getting through it all ( horrenduous thing to watch your kid being bullied at work!)

That is it for today, now going to relax a little in the beach basket on the patio

Old 16 Aug 13, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

I love your Beach Basket, where did you get it.
Pleased for your son too, it must be so hard not being able to step in, well done to him.
Almost time for your trip

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 13, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkeringbelle
Gone all Goofy

I actually bought it on Amazon. They had a discount on the same one that I wanted from the original manufacturer.
I work in HR myself and could only steer him in the right direction. Luckily he listened and with the help of a Works Council rep got things moving along. Totally not acceptable the whole saga but very impressed with his conduct at 21 ( but I would say that )